Pages

Followers

Monday 10 September 2018

Squinting!!!

The cloud is very grey and very low here this morning but I know the sun is up there somewhere as it is bouncing off the clouds and giving off that strange light that makes you screw your eyes up and squint....or is that just me?

As I said yesterday.....DD is at home today and has a duvet afternoon planned binge watching some Star Trek Voyager.
I am pottering about getting laundry done, tidying and hoovering so that all jobs I need to do today are done before we sit down and I can enjoy a relatively guilt free afternoon.
Salad is prepped ready for tea and there is cold meat in the fridge so we'll be good to go when we get hungry.

No jigsaws at the pub yesterday and all the books they had were either reference books of no interest or the ones we took down in the week so I will have to take my search elsewhere.
The carvery meal was particularly lovely yesterday but the atmosphere was a little spoilt by a lady on a table near to us who did nothing but moan from the time she sat down. Her chair was too big 😮, she didn't like her meat, the veg weren't right and the Yorkshire puddings were too crispy. Then her husband started....he found a green bit in one his potatoes and a bit of gristle in his meat. I was so glad they didn't stay for dessert as I was getting sick of listening to them.
Ah well you can't please everyone can you?

Well thank you for dropping by today....I hope you have a lovely day.
Sheila-x-

4 comments:

  1. Whilst you can't please everyone, you don't have to moan so that everyone can hear. A genuine complaint should be brought to the attention of management discreetly and quietly...enough said.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think she was just a miserable old biddy who would never be pleased by anything MM. I mean....who doesn't love nice crispy Yorkies....lol.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  2. That is one of the reasons that I do not eat out often. It was dry and fine here yesterday but we have the rain today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was quite annoying listening to her Pam because The Boar's Head is lovely. The staff are helpful and friendly and the meals....especially the carvery are beautiful.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-