Pages

Followers

Sunday 3 September 2017

What A Treat!!!

I didn't have to cook last night as Andy wanted a Chinese which was absolutely gorgeous but today I have eaten something even better........a totally DD made Sunday lunch. No help from me apart from being asked to give the meat a poke and see if I thought it was ready.
It was a delicious meal and DD is rightfully quite proud of herself.

Once lunch was over we decided to go for a drive into the big town and have a look around The Range. I didn't spend much but I got a lovely red tablecloth to use at Christmas....a bargain in the sale at £3. I also found the sea bird with the long beak that I wanted for the bathroom and a couple or so small dies for some cardmaking.
The store was a little messy as it is at that 'between season' stage at the moment but they already have Halloween out and we spotted huge pallets of Christmas stuff needing unpacking in a cordoned off area so I expect that will all be out next time we go.

DD is rather excited at the moment as she has reached the time when she is in need of a new car. She no longer needs to have as big a car as she has now and is really looking forward to getting something smaller. I don't know what she will get but for me as long as it has four wheels and a CD player I'm happy....lol.

Well....as I am having a whole day off today I think I will go and have a play on my game for a while before I go and chuck meself on the sofa.

Hope you are having a relaxing day today.
Sheila-x-

14 comments:

  1. How nice to have a whole weekend off cooking! I love The Range, one of my favourite shops.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trouble is Sooze I could spend a fortune in there....naughty me....lol.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  2. Glad you had some R ad R Sheila. I also love the Range and have bought some card-making things from there, but don't really know what dies do. Could you please explain simply, for me, a novice.

    Joan (Devon)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you give me a day or so Joan I will do a blog post for you on die cutting with pictures so you can see what it's all about.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
    2. Thanks for that Sheila. As you can probably tell I am a novice, but would like to know how they are used as I feel that will give me more scope with cards. Looking forward to it.

      Joan (Devon)

      Delete
  3. How fabulous no cooking all weekend. You have taught daughter well.

    Yes the Halloween junk is all out here. Not a holiday I like.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. .....and junk it certainly is Sandy. Some of the stuff we saw was so tacky.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  4. How lucky, you deserve a weekend off, I love the range, such good prices x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A lovely weekend off and now back to the grindstone today.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  5. Anymeal tastes better if you are not the cook er but the eat ee but the one that tops it the most is the Sunday roast!! Well done DD! Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The one exception was the Sunday roast at the pub the other week. It still makes me gag just thinking about it.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  6. A rare old treat no cooking. Your daughter has done so well. I am a fan of the Range, sadly there is not one locally. We no have a list that we add to of shopping needed when we come over to the mainland.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We'll have to petition The Range to open one for you MM....lol.

      I'm very proud of Roz and how well she has done with learning to cook. There are still some areas to cover but I am happy now that she and her Dad wouldn't starve if I wasn't here.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  7. DD sounds like she's come on a treat in the kitchen over the past few weeks - all down to good old fashioned teaching from Mum :)

    I popped to The Range last week for some kitchen bits and bobs. They have their Halloween and Christmas decorations on the upper floor so downstairs was still intact thank goodness. I don't like having to rummage around for stuff. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-