Pages

Followers

Saturday 16 September 2017

Thursday, Friday, Saturday!!!

I seem to have been really busy the last few days and haven't had time to blog.....and I am not sure that what I have been up to is all that interesting to be honest.

Thursday was spent just doing housey jobs and clearing out the middle brick shed which houses a loo and wash basin which I would like to do away with but find too useful.
Well the loo and basin must be over 25 years old and need replacing so Andy has been and bought a new cloakroom set and engaged the plumber....yes...Mr Dilatory Object himself....lol.
He should have turned up to work yesterday morning but he just turned up to say that he would be coming this morning instead......then this morning we get a text to say he would be coming next week. Hopefully this is the last job we need him for until we can afford to have the kitchen done....gawd help us on that one.

Friday was shopping and collecting Miss Doodle from school to deliver her home and an unexpected trip to the cinema when DD was let down by some friends who were going to see 'It' with her. I couldn't watch that to save my life as I don't like clowns so we went to see Victoria and Abdul. What a beautiful film. We both enjoyed it very much.

This morning DD and I have been down to entertain the girls for a couple of hours while Mummy worked from home. It is her weekend on call so I will be back doing the same tomorrow while DD cooks dinner.

Not long got in from doing that  so I am going to have an hour or so of peace and quiet before I start tea.

Hope you are all having a lovely weekend.
Sheila-x-

14 comments:

  1. I don't mind clowns but hate horror films so I wouldn't have watched IT either. I definitely want to watch Victoria and Abdul - are you watching the series Victoria? Busy sums me up at the moment. I usually feel really refreshed and like it's a new start when the children go back to school in September but I seem to have done nothing but chase my tail lately. Extra Ruby and Marlowe time - lucky you :) Have a great weekend. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I once made a right show of Andy and the kids at Alton Towers when there was a clown in the ice show we'd gone to see. The clown started walking towards us and I was grabbing on to Andy in absolute hysterics asking him to make him go away....that's how bad I am with clowns....I hate them.

      Not watching Victoria. I saw one and didn't really like it much sadly.

      Have a smashing week.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  2. After hearing a horrible story of someone babysitting a baby and then finding a large "toy"clown sitting in the room which turned out to be a weird neighbour who was a paedophile. (True story!) I'm off clowns too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh good grief what a nightmare.
      Clowns are freaks.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  3. Clowns....no way...far too freaky...give me a wildlife or gardening program! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too Jackie....anything but a horror film of any kind these days.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  4. I like a good scary film, but prefer to watch them safely on my own sofa or curled up in bed. I do love Judi Dench xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't watch horrors of any kind now Cheryl...heck I can't even watch programmes about rescue dogs or anything.

      Judi Dench is Queen Victoria for me. She's superb.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  5. It is all too easy to get wrapped up in a project, my sewing and change round has kept me away from blogland for 2 weeks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mostly unexpected favours for family here Pam.
      Hope everything is going well for you.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  6. Extra time with the girls, what a bonus...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lots of extra time this weekend MM and it was marvellous.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  7. I'm glad you're OK. I was worried you'd been taken ill again.
    It must have been lovely to spend some more time with Marlowe and Ruby. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thanks for worrying Jules but I'm OK. I just seem to be busier than normal.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-