Pages

Followers

Monday 18 September 2017

Sunday And Monday!!!

I was going to blog yesterday when I got back from watching the girls....honest I was......but just ended up with no time again.
When DDIL is on call she can't really take the girls out very far so she asked if Ruby could come back to our house for lunch and a play so that she got a change of scenery to ward off the boredom.
Unexpected but lovely just the same although she wasn't in the best of moods.
By the time we had taken her home in a very scary thunderstorm, had another squidge or two with the gorgeous Marlowe and got home again I wasn't fit for much.

Today....well today is Monday so that means laundry and clearing up after the weekend so nothing really exciting.
Tea will be one of DD and my favourites....leftover veg and roast potatoes from Sunday lunch with some lamb gravy and mint sauce. We eat it out of a bowl with a spoon so we call it Sunday Dinner Soup.....very comforting and warming.
I'm sure DD will appreciate it today as it is very chilly.

At the moment I am just trying to organise everybody's holiday bookings for next year as we want to take Ruby away for a week to the seaside in Cornwall. Andy wants him and me to go away on our own for a week and then DD and I will go away for a week and take Ruby so I need to get all the dates sorted out before I can book anything. It's a bit of a nightmare but we'll get there in the end.

Anyhoo....there's washing to fold and more to dry so I had best get on with that. No chance of line drying today so It's all been tumble dried which means very little ironing...yay.

Have a good week.
Sheila-x-

13 comments:

  1. I think it must be the week for being busy. I don't seem to have stopped recently, there is always something to do, usually chores!
    I don't envy you trying to sort holiday dates out. I used to find it difficult enough arranging meals out for work on an evening when everyone was available. It was almost impossible.
    I promise to post that recipe in the next couple of days. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I seem to have been chasing my tail for days now but I don't really feel like I have achieved much.
      Looking forward to the recipe.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  2. Sounds like you'll really have to juggle schedules! I know how that is. It feels like this summer went too quickly. We didn't get in quite as many camping trips as I hoped for. We can book up to six months in advance so towards the end of November I'll have to think.

    Cornwall is really beautiful. The beaches were fantastic. I'm sure you'll have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Andy is OK as he always has the first two weeks of August off but it's whether DD can get those two weeks and if our weeks fit in with The Doodles.
      We've been to Cornwall many times and want to take Ruby to a place we took our two when they were little and to visit all the places we went. It should be great.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  3. Blogging's not important when you can have squidges with grandchildren!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Usual Monday chores here as well on top of which the dogs have been groomed and Thomas has been to the dentist. It never stops does it.

    Not keen on booking holidays but love going on them when the dates are all decided. I bet Ruby really enjoys going away with you and to do it twice must be a real treat for her. Does she know when you've booked or do you tell her nearer the time so she doesn't have long to wait? xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Andy and I will be going away on our own as we haven't been away by ourselves for at least 12 years.
      Ruby will just be coming away with Roz and me on the second week. She knows we are going away but not exactly where and she is quite patient.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  5. Exciting holiday plans. Your supper sounded yummee! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Andy and I are so ready for a holiday on our own but I am also looking forward to a week with Ruby.
      Supper was absolutely gorgeous.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  6. I managed to get my washing line dried yesterday morning, we had a short but heavy shower around 2 and it brought the cold air down. I will soon be thinking of getting a thicker quilt on the bed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It rained most of the day here and guess what....now the washing is done it's sunny today....flippin' weather...lol.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  7. My washing is on the line as we speak doing a hoop de hoop around the line. Exciting holiday plans, so much to look forward to.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-