Pages

Followers

Friday 8 September 2017

Dodging The Raindrops!!!

Well we managed to get the car cleaned out. It was polished and hoovered to within an inch of it's life while we tried to dodge the raindrops so at least I feel like I did something worthwhile yesterday. She is ready to go and we are really ready for the smaller car that will be coming home tonight.
Ruby will be thrilled to be one of the first people to ride in it when we drop her home later.

Today I will be scratting about in the fridge and using up anything that needs using to make some soup for the freezer.
With DD working outside she will soon be ready to take something warming for her lunch.
The breadmaker will also be going on to knead some dough which I will then take out and make into rolls to part bake and freeze so that they can be whipped out and finished off when she needs them.

Once Ruby has had tea we will be doing some more work on her papier mache Christmas tree.
It has been gessoed and had two coats of green paint so now we need to add the coloured spots of paint ready for their coating of glitter. She is being such a good and patient girl while everything dries in between the stages but she will be ecstatic when it comes to time to put the glitter on.

I'm hoping that doing some crafting with Ruby will kick me up the backside and get me started again. 
I'm finding it quite hard to get the urge back since I lost it when we lost Maggie but I really need to do something.

Anyhoo......as it it well past 2am I suppose I had better get to bed. I love this time of night when Andy and DD are asleep and the dog doesn't want letting out every five minutes. It's quiet with rain lashing at the windows and I feel quite calm and peaceful.

Hope you all have a lovely day.
Sheila-x-

6 comments:

  1. 2am Mrs? Are you an owl! I'd definitely be needing 40 winks of an afternoon! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am definitely a night owl and could happily stay up all night.....and I was up at 7:30am....I know I even shocked myself....lol.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  2. I hope making the Christmas tree with Ruby will be just the thing to get your crafting mojo back again.
    I'm looking forward to making soups now the weather is getting cooler. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was lovely Jules. She really loves crafting so I do like to encourage it.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  3. Sounds idyllic crafting with Ruby, what a great project. Soup making is definataly on my agenda.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I love it just as much as she does MM and I think I can feel some stirrings of the old mojo coming back.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-