Pages

Followers

Sunday 24 September 2017

Heavenly Day!!!

After my busy week today has been like heaven.
Some time spent in the kitchen this morning getting an early lunch ready while Andy and DD pottered about doing their own things. Then just a fairly lazy day surfing the internet for Christmas ideas in between loading and unloading the washing machine and dryer which means I won't be at it all day tomorrow. Just two loads of bedding left to do now.
The fabric panels have been sprayed and soaked with starch and should be dry enough to iron tomorrow. Steaming them just didn't get the creases out.
I might also get the Poundland decoration sorted this week as Andy picked me up some new wood filler after finding ours had gone hard in it's tube.

The plumber came on Friday and now we have a nice neat outside loo and basin. The old loo was so cracked that Andy had wrapped it in duct tape to stop it breaking any further...lol. Just need to replace the loo roll holder and do away with the towel and soap holders. I don't keep a towel in there as spiders hide in them.

I think our next expense is going to have to be a new cooker as my top oven/grill has just about had it and all the control knobs keep breaking and having to be mended with wire and superglue.
We are trying to work out if we can fit in an all electric range cooker by removing a small piece of worktop.
I will be one very happy cook if we can......especially if we can do it before Christmas.

Well I think I will do a bit of blog browsing and then have an earlier night......I quite fancy a reading session before I go to sleep.

Hope you all had a lovely Sunday too.
Sheila-x-

4 comments:

  1. My...you must be getting posh up round your parts! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooh no... we're not posh. I just need a better cooker than the one I have....much better for batch baking and able to cope when we have visitors.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  2. I like the sound of a range cooker, exciting times.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've wanted one like forever. Hope we can manage it this time.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-