Pages

Followers

Saturday 23 September 2017

Grubbing About!!!

Sorry for the short absence but I have been a tad busy doing some sorting out in the attic bedroom trying to relieve DD of several boxes of my crafting stuff which are cluttering up the eaves storage area. It's all cardmaking stuff some of which will come downstairs but much of which will have to stay in it's boxes on the landing sideboard for now.
Lots of ferreting in boxes under beds looking for stuff I know I have but didn't have the foggiest idea where it was and total shame at the dust bunnies found living under therešŸ˜²

The Christmas packaging/card boxes have also been dragged out and checked and a list made of what we need. Definitely no cards this year apart from family ones as we picked some up in the sale last year and they will probably last me for five years.
Some gorgeous gift boxes have been purchased from B&M for The Doodle Family's gifts so I just need to stock up on gift bags now and I will be ready to wrap everything as we get it to save a mega wrapping session later on.

The guinea pigs have been moved up into their Winter quarters. They are now in the shelter of the house where the rain and wind doesn't tend to reach so they should be nice and cosy.

So several jobs done that have been wanting doing for a long time.

I am a bit over traditional Sunday lunches for the moment and have decided that this week we will have a lovely lamb stew with mashed potatoes and cabbage. The stew is simmering away now and then will be cooled and put in the fridge overnight so dinner will be fairly quick and easy tomorrow.
Tonight is a simple tea of pasta with tomato sauce and a grating of Parmesan with tear and share garlic bread so now the jobs are done and the meals sorted I might get some time to myself tomorrow to make a start on these flippin' Advent Calendars.

Hope you are all having a fabulous weekend.
Sheila-x-


16 comments:

  1. Sounds like you're really organised and busy! Sounds like you've got a lot of cards! I don't buy them anymore. I only send a select few so I make them. It's too hot here for stew! I think it will be a salad so I don't have to turn the oven on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we bought about eight boxes of really gorgeous cards for an absolute pittance. I don't send lots so they will last a good while.
      It was actually quite warm here today.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  2. I love lamb stew - well, anything lamby really. You do sound very organised. We gave up sending Christmas cards years ago, we told everyone that's what we were doing and that we'd be using the money we would have spent on buying/posting the cards to make a donation to charity instead. We still do that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A lamb lover here too Sooze...it's the mint sauce that does it...lol.

      I don't send many cards now so the ones we bought will last a long time. Most cards are delivered by hand and very few if any are posted.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  3. Always good when you can tick a whole host of jobs off the list. Lamb stew sounds delicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It felt so good to get those jobs out of the way MM.

      The stew was lovely. I always like it better made the day before and then left in the fridge overnight.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  4. Every year I say I'm going to get the wrapping done as I buy the gifts and every year I'm up until after midnight on Christmas Eve still wrapping. Ugghh!!! This year I made a promise that I'm cutting back on gifts and keeping things simple. I'll let you know how that goes on December 26th. : ) Have a beautiful rest of your weekend!! xo

    ~ Wendy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh me too Wendy but then something will take my eye off the ball and somehow I just don't get back to it. This year will be different...lol.
      Hugs -x-

      Delete
  5. I'd dearly love to put a halt on sending cards...postage is so expensive...maybe just sending to those I don't see and wish to write to as well. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pretty much all of our cards are delivered by hand....even the ones to London and Brighton. There might just be one that needs posting if we are not going to be visiting.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  6. Yum, lamb is my favourite meat. What happened to your craft room? xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine too Cheryl.

      I used to run my own business designing and making cards, demonstrating and teaching papercrafts but I gave it all up to stay at home to childmind Ruby until she started school. The room was turned back into a bedroom.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  7. Card makers fill me with envy but I am a "glue disaster area" so keep well away. One of my friends makes beautiful cards and sells them to support the Alzheimer's Society.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The secret is double sided tape Pam for layering and sticking papers and glue dots on a roll for sticking embellishments on.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  8. I bought one pack of cards this week but apart from the 'special ones' I think that's all I'll need with what's left over from last year.

    We are having lamb steaks today, it's weeks since I've cooked on Sunday so quite looking forward to it - the roast potatoes and yorkshire pudds are my favourite part.

    There is always something to tidy and sort out isn't there. I need to do a wardrobe but keep putting it off. Hope you are keeping well. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet these I have will last me years Suzanne but I have already earmarked the ones I want out of the T***o sale this year...lol.

      I like Yorkshire puds but I lurrrrve roast potatoes.

      There are still a couple of wardrobes with my name on them to sort out....not looking forward to that.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-