Pages

Followers

Wednesday 20 September 2017

The Conkers Are Primed!!!

Cobwebs are vanquished and the conkers are in position ready to frighten off the eight legged monsters.
I really hope they work. Some people swear by them and some say they don't have much effect so we will see.

I've had a bit of a lazy day today after all that swishing about with the feather duster and dragging the hoover round yesterday.
I have been watching You Tube videos on overlocking for beginners as Andy will be buying me an overlocker on October 8th when they have them in at Lidl.....although I will only have one if it's a Singer like my other two machines.
They usually are from there so my fingers are crossed and I am proper excited.

The Advent calendars are out of their box but they need a bit of prep work before I can get sewing. Neither one had been folded very well on to their card bolts and they are very creased. A good spray of starch which I will let dry and then a good steam iron should put that right but I didn't feel like hunting the clothes airer out of the shed to hang them on to dry.

To go with my lazy day....a lazy tea of cold meat, salad and crusty rolls while we watch some more Lucifer.....lovely.

Hope you are all having a lovely day.
Sheila-x-

7 comments:

  1. I hope the conkers do the trick for you Sheila. I would give them a try myself but I think Mog would decide they were a new toy!
    It's been a bit of a lazy day here too and just us girls this evening so it's homemade pizza for Lily and some biryani leftovers for me. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's hoping that the conkers do the trick, I have never come across this little trick before. Sounds like a lovely day planned.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope the conkers work! Let us know. We don't get too many spiders in this house - thank goodness as I am not a fan!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I tried them last year but still had a houseful of spiders, hope you have more luck than me, I found one in the bed last night when I pulled back the quilt xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I got a singer overlocker from Lidl last year great machine, you will get on with it fine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, I wonder if the conkers will make a difference, my DIL will have to give it a try as she's very spider phobic. Exciting news about the overlocker xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have an over locker that I've not used yet...a work colleague who's moving to Scotland was getting rid...I shall use it...just sadly not yet. I hope the cookers work for you...I don't get along with the little creatures...ended up in casualty once after being bitten several times! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-