Pages

Followers

Monday 11 September 2017

Sunday/Monday!!!

I didn't blog yesterday as we didn't do anything very exciting.
We just drove up to Carsington and had lunch at The Knockerdown Inn.
It is a lovely drive there though through some beautiful countryside, the town of Ashbourne and my most favourite village....Kniveton.
It was very cold and windy and by the time we had eaten lunch I was freezing cold and ready for home.

Today has started out very wet and windy. Not too cold though and now the sun is out I might chance some line drying of things I don't like to put in the tumble dryer.

Lots of veg prep will be going on shortly. 
Sweet potato and butternut squash for a crispy topped bake which will be served with sauteed sprouts and garlic.
Steamed cauliflower to coat in a white sauce. That will be for the freezer.
A mound of veg for more soup which I will squirrel away too.....a chunky veg soup and leek and potato......and a filling of veg in cheese sauce for a pie later in the week.
Somebody is going to have very sore fingers when she's done.

Christmas wishes for Ruby and Marlowe have been discussed and a list has been made so I will soon be starting on my gift shopping. I would like it done and dusted as soon as possible with everything wrapped and ready before the end of November.
Will I be organised enough? We shall have to wait and see....lol.

Andy has just handed me a lovely cuppa so I will drink that before I go and tackle me mountain.

Have a lovely day.
Sheila-x-

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like Autumn is in the air! It's certainly chillier here than when I left.

    I'm hoping to get started on shopping soon. I always have good intentions but they don't always happen!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, ha me too Sharon. I doubt I'll be as organised as I want to be.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  2. The mountain of veg prep will all be worthwhile when you have such glorious meals at the end of it. The sweet potato and butternut squash bake sounds delicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've added the recipe for the veg bake today MM.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-