Pages

Followers

Saturday 9 September 2017

On A Veg Kick!!!

I've just been out in the pouring rain to do a bit of shopping.
Usually we would be straight out of the car and into T***o but this morning I needed to walk through town to the veg shop.
I spent about £11 and got two big bags of beautiful fresh veg including 2 large cauliflowers at 39p each, a massive cabbage at 69p, butternut squash, sweet potatoes, leeks, parsnips and swede.
There are plans for all of it.....a pie with vegetables in cheese sauce, two more soups for the freezer, a squash and sweet potato bake and some fresh veg to go with other meals.
I have been neglecting our vegetable consumption a little bit so this will start to put that right....as long as I get at it before the animals do....lol.

Agnes the Kia Picanto came home last night and we are very pleased with her although it's very strange being so low down after years of travelling about in a people carrier.
Ruby was over the moon that it was blue which is her favourite colour.

Tea will be earlyish tonight as I am off out babysitting the munchkins while Mummy and Daddy go to the cinema.
Marley Moo will be in bed unfortunately but Ruby will stay up and watch a film so I am taking popcorn for her. I can't stand the stuff but she loves it.

Tomorrow we are off to Carsington for lunch....just to give the car a run out for Andy to see what it's like so I think it's going to be a nice weekend.

Hope you are all having a nice one too.
Sheila-x- 

20 comments:

  1. Xi have a Hyundai i10 which is similar and I love it! Mine's called Heidi the Hyundai and she's white. We made soup today with loads ov veg and lentils and beans and then ate some for our lunch. have a nice run put in the new car. Catriona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it funny how we name our cars?
      The last one was called Gert...lol.
      Loving that it's soup weather again you can't beat the smell of a pan of soup bubbling on the stove.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  2. We are on fresh veg today, a week of fast freezer meals, even homemade, has left us feeling sluggish. I was thinking of a roast tomorrow but it will be a vegan meal, a day with no dairy sounds very appealing. Enjoy your evening.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think my pair will be heartily sick of veg this week....lol.
      There is a little meat tucked away for Andy in some dishes but not many.
      Hope you had a good weekend.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  3. Well done good bargains there, we have a veg stall up town I can get carriers for £2.00 each, enjoy the weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh I wish we could get carriers of veg for £2.00....that's amazing.
      Hope you had a good weekend.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  4. Bargain price for the cauliflours. Enjoy your babysitting duties.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've had them for 29p before MM. Same size as the ones they call extra large at T***o and charge £1.85 for.
      Really enjoyed Saturday night.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  5. I love my little car and wouldn't swap it for anything - certainly not a bigger one lol. Glad DD is happy with her choice and it's good to know I'm not alone in naming cars!

    Have a lovely time with Ruby. I like popcorn but can't wait to brush my teeth after eating it! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Roz is pretty well smitten with this car Suzanne. She didn't enjoy driving the beast but it certainly had it's uses.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  6. What a nice weekend and congratulations on the new ride. I'm so jealous of the veg prices...it's quite a bit more in the States. We're hunkering down in readiness for Hurricane Irma...it's coming right at u! Ugh. We've been dodging the bullet for years and apparently it's our turn.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amy I hope you are safe.
      Keeping you in my thoughts.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  7. I really need to up my vegetable consumption too. I'm hoping to make lots of soups soon.
    I thought I was the only one who didn't like popcorn. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Veg overload for tea tonight and a pan of soup going on soon.
      No you are not on your own....I think popcorn is disgusting.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  8. Just the weather for some hearty soups. Your daughter should save on fuel...so maybe more fun trips out?! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love me some good soups but unfortunately I also like the fresh homemade bread we have with it too...lol.
      Huge savings on fuel I should think Jackie. The big Ford guzzled diesel.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  9. I love cheese sauce, we had cauliflower cheese with our roast beef today. Hope you enjoyed the film and Ruby enjoyed her popcorn xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooh me too Cheryl although I prefer my cauliflower in white sauce especially if we are having it with lamb and mint sauce.....oh gosh...now my mouth is watering....lol.
      Hugs -x-

      Delete
  10. You got some great buys on the veg! I am certainly going to miss shopping in England as there is a lot more variety of food - and cheaper too! Do you have recipes for your pies and soups or do you just make it up as you go along?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The veg shop we go to is fantastic although you do have to know your prices. I'm not sure I got such a good deal on the butternut squash.
      I don't use many recipes when I'm cooking....just throw things together and see how it turns out...lol. I have only had one really bad disaster in over 40 years of cooking and that was something I made using a recipe.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-