Pages

Followers

Monday 29 May 2017

Typical Bank Holiday!!!

It's raining so it must be Bank Holiday Monday.
It's only been spitting most of the day but now it is thrashing down.
The laundry still has to be done as my pair need clean clothes for work so the tumble dryer will have to go on.....and I was doing so well saving money on not using it.

Still no inclination for sewing any projects as such but I have had to mend three pairs of DD's work trousers this morning as the hems had come down. Both legs on all three pairs and it is a job I really do not like doing. Still it's done now and hopefully won't need doing again for a while.....mind you Andy has bought a new pair of work trousers this morning which will need shortening by quite a bit......grrrrrrr!!!

I'm looking forward to having the house to myself for a while tomorrow with Andy back at work after his leave and DD at work. I really need a little time on my own just now.

Anyway I hope the weather hasn't scuppered your plans for today and you have enjoyed the day off.
Sheila-x-

 

8 comments:

  1. It's been a bit damp here too today Sheila. Luckily there wasn't any washing that needed doing and I've made the most of the time indoors by getting some baking done.
    I hope you find your alone time helps tomorrow. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't envy you the sewing (I hate sewing!). I hope the alone time tomorrow helps to recharge your batteries. It's nice to be alone with your thoughts sometimes, you can sit and think about Maggie all you want without worrying about others being worried about you. Sending a hug x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not keen on taking up hems either. Hope you enjoy your time to yourself, time for some peaceful recollection xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. We got lucky and it didn't rain until evening. Hope the alone time helps with your quiet contemplation. Thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Helloooo, it chucked it down here too. But my boys are out at work and I've the house to myself. Bliss x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Plus an extra hug xx just because xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry it was raining! Always seems to be that way on a bank holiday. It is nice to have them home but also nice when they go back to work lol. I do enjoy the peace I have in the daytime.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Monday did go chilly...Tuesday was perfect for concreting which is what we had to do...This morning was lovely for a walk around the JCB lake before lunch and the long trip home. x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-