Pages

Followers

Wednesday 3 May 2017

.......And Breathe!!!

Oh the relief of having the house to myself at last.
I have about seven hours of pure unadulterated peace to enjoy now that Andy has gone off to work and DD will be gyming until about 7pm.
I feel like I haven't had a minute to myself for weeks and it has been bogging me down as I love a bit of time without anyone to run about after.

So what am I doing with this bit of freedom....well I have put my gorgeous bag from Pam to good use.........


......as a home for some of my quilting rulers. This will now go on the shelf with all of my other quilting rulers and my revolving cutting mat and I will know exactly where they are.
The fabric is just so me Pam so thank you very, very much.

Other things on the agenda today include some super organisation of my fabrics and patterns. Space in the drawers has been made by rehousing my batting, wadding and filling and larger pieces of backing fabric into one box which will be stored under the table in easy reach. Another box will be emptied of patterns which will be re-organised into some small drawers so that I can get to those more easily.
Fat quarters and half metres will be stored by colour in the two other small drawers and one metre lengths and above will be stored in boxes. I have yet to decide what I am doing with offcuts and scraps.
I am having a lot of fun.

Tea today will be something quick and simple....maybe beans on toast and a cuppa before we settle down to watch some more episodes of Rome. The box set arrived yesterday and we have already watched three episodes.
We do love a good box set.

It looks like the bedding I hung out this morning is dry so I'll fetch that in before it flies off across to Derbyshire as the wind seems to be getting windier....lol.

Hope you are all having a nice day.
Sheila-x-

12 comments:

  1. I love sorting out my stash, gives me a reason to look at everything and just enjoy it. Happy Wednesday xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found fabric that will be just right to go with some other fabric for a quilt I have in mind. I would have just gone out and bought some so I have saved meself some money there-x-

      Delete
  2. I know what you mean about having the house to yourself. Whilst I am really looking forward to having OH home once he retires at the end of the month, I am slightly worried as I'm so used to having several afternoons/nights to myself....!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh the peace and quiet was just awesome Sooze. Got lots done-x-

      Delete
  3. There is nothing like an afternoon of stash sorting to lift your spirits. I need to get my washing in too, everything has to be double pegged here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It certainly did lift my spirits MM especially seeing everything so neatly stashed away....now will I ever want to mess it up when looking for something...lol-x-

      Delete
  4. I love having the house to myself so I can understand your sheer joy at finding yourself alone to do exactly as you please for a few hours. It's so good for the soul.

    The bag is lovely and absolutely perfect for your rulers etc.

    Amy has just come down to tell me a big gust of wind has knocked a glass of water off the windowsill all over her bed, so the wind is getting up here as well. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would be even better if they both went out at the same time in the morning then I could get the jobs done and still have time to do things for myself but Andy is around in the morning this week.
      Stll very windy here this morning.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  5. I'm sorting craft magazines to give away. I realise that I have bought very few since I decided I was wasting my money. Have culled many, many books some of which are ofv to Ziffit on Friday and the rest to various places that still want them. Happy sewing now that you are sorted! Catriona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I gave up buying papercrafting magazines a long time ago Catriona as they went through a huge price hike and were all very much the same. I now treat myself to either a quilting or sewing one now and again. Looking at the magazine files where I store them it looks like I might need to have a bit of a cull as well...lol.
      Hope you are sewing like crazy now your machine is home-x-

      Delete
  6. We have so much in common Sheila!! I love nothing more then to be alone. I can feel the tension rise in my body when I go too long without alone time. The older I get, the more I want to be alone. Some people don't like to be by themselves. My husband is one of them. I think that's one of the reasons he adjusted so well to an instant family when we got married. Lol!!! xo

    ~ Wendy
    http://Crickleberrycottage.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's me to a T Wendy. I get to the stage where I could commit murder if I don't get some time to myself. My sigh of relief yesterday could have been heard on the moon I think-x-

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-