Pages

Followers

Monday 1 May 2017

No Holiday For Me Then!!!

The early night seems to have helped a little with whatever was wrong yesterday thank goodness. I can't be doing with feeling 'off it' and not knowing what is wrong. I'd rather be ill, know what it is and be able to do something about it or be well.

I had planned a little time for myself to do some sewing today but between preparing stuff for the evening meal and an overflowing laundry basket it looks like that will remain just a plan.
There will be some time out this afternoon for a visit to The Doodle House for tea and cake as we got a surprise invitation this morning so I am looking forward to spending some time with Doodle and Moo....and DDIL of course.

Andy was going to be finishing off painting the stair rails in the garden to match the shed but we had rain earlier and although it has brightened up a bit I am sure we'll get more before the day is out so he's leaving that and sofa hugging instead.

We are all very excited to have bluetits nesting in a little house that hangs from the old apricot tree remains....and there are eggs. The house was only put there as a decoration so I am really pleased that it is being used.

Right well tea is simmering away now so I had best go and sort this laundry. Andy can make the coffee this morning while I do that.

Hope you are all having a lovely day either out and about or at home.
Sheila-x-

12 comments:

  1. I've been sewing- almost finished. Scrabbled around for a half load of washing. I want to make some little baskets this afternoon for me and for a friend's birthday. Had to break off for the HG's lunch- he couldn't possibly make his own chicken n stuffing sandwich!!
    He's been hoovering out the car. Lots of Freddie hair from last weekend. Much swearing has been done!! We are having steak pie what I prepped yesterday. And new potatoes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooooh....what yer been making?
      I wanted to finish off the skirt for Ruby and make a start on pj's for Andy but won't have enough time.
      Savoury mince with mash, carrots and spring greens here tonight.
      Hope you get your baskets made.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
    2. I'm making the things I've been making for months lol

      Delete
  2. I woke up full of myself this morning, I did a few rounds on the Flax sweater then after walking Ben and doing the chores I felt the need to sew. £ pairs of PJ bottoms are cut out and the first bit of serging is done. Ben has ahd his second walk and I am about to sit at the sewing machine. Happy days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like a lovely day Pam.
      I'm wondering if I should get a serger with all these clothes I intend to make. Will be having a think about that one.
      Enjoy the rest of your day-x-

      Delete
  3. We have been out another jaunt, just enjoying each others company and this beautiful Island.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooooh that is so exciting to be discovering your new surroundings-x-

      Delete
  4. I agree about illness, I'd rather be properly poorly then get better than feel 'not right' for days on end for no reason. Sometimes a virus can make us just feel YUK without being really ill though and it's just a case of riding it out.

    That is exciting about the birds and the eggs. If you'd put the house up especially they wouldn't have come!

    It's been lovely here all day today. I've been to the garden centre and managed to pot a few plants up before typically running out of compost.

    What a lovely way to spend Bank Holiday having tea and cake with Ruby and Marlowe. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think some of this feeling off it also has to do with me being in a foul temper at the moment Suzanne.

      Great that you've managed to get your plants potted up. Lots of lovely blooms to sit out and admire in the summer.

      The tea and cake visit was lovely and Marlowe said Ganma....well actually it sounded more like Gaga...but that'll do for me...lol.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
    2. Oh dear, maybe if you just let rip at what or who is annoying you, you'd feel better:) Hope you're back to your sunny self soon. xx

      Delete
  5. Me time....highly overrated don't you think??? Much better to have others wanting and needing us....coughs discreetly! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The only thing my pair want or need is a smack round the head with a shovel....nuff said...lol.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-