Pages

Followers

Friday 5 May 2017

Sorted!!!

Well that is all of my fabric and other sewing stuff sorted out.
Now all that remains is to try and keep it tidy.....and I will try very hard.

I have 10 boxes of fabric.........



The top box on the on the bottom pic is currently empty but probably won't stay that way for long.


Patterns all organised and easily accessible now.


Offcuts of fabrics for doll clothes, patchwork squares or small projects and my thread cones now all neat and tidy instead of being thrown in a box.


Andy made this for me to enable me to use the larger cones......a piece cut off an old shelf, a piece of broom handle and all prettied up with a bit of decopatch. I added the container recently as the cones just used to stand on the base and I kept knocking them onto the floor.

The three larger drawers of the unit store more fabric which is already earmarked for clothing projects and all my batting, wadding, filling and backing fabric is stored under the dining table in a large box.
Behind me is a whole other mess which I can't get my head around today but it will be sorted soon.

Before I do anything else today I am really ready for some lunch. It's not often I bother with anything but we won't be eating tea until later tonight so I'd better have something to stop the grumbling.

The wind is making it feel pretty chilly here again today so I will also need to go and search for my cardigan.

Have a lovely day y'all.
Sheila-x-

19 comments:

  1. The cone holder is brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd seen a revolting black plastic and wire one on the internet for £13 and I wasn't paying that so Andy and I came up with this one between us-x-

      Delete
  2. I do love a good storage box or six! Your cone holder is fab-well done on the decoupage. I'm cleaning today as everything is so dusty due to lack of rain. Afternoon coffee time I think. Have a good weekend. Catriona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There was a fair bit of dust in here too Catriona. All gone now and some sewing done.
      You have a great weekend too-x-

      Delete
  3. That's a lot of fabric but it's now incredibly well organised and that cone holder - genius! You deserve a rest after all that hard work. The rest of the mess can wait for another day. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My aching arms after folding it all neatly can honestly say...yes that is a lot of fabric-x-

      Delete
  4. Should be enough fabric for a day or two!:-)
    Lovely and tidy too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One 3 metre piece has been cut up today but I still have plenty left...lol-x-

      Delete
  5. Could you pop over and give me a hand, you are certainly well organized.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If it wasn't for having to go on a boat I would happily come and give you a hand...lol-x-

      Delete
  6. You're certainly very organised! I wish my craft room was as well organised. I just seem to get things sorted and I mess it all up again.

    You have a lot of fabric to play with! It's probably as addictive to collect as yarn or arty stash.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping that now it is so well organised that I will be able to keep it tidier than I have been doing Sharon.

      Yep fabric is definitely addictive. If I'd bought everything I wanted when I went to the markets in Birmingham I would have needed a new house never mind a tidier room-x-

      Delete
  7. My goodness me Sheila
    1. You're very organised and
    2. 9 boxes of fabric is an awful lot
    3. Can you come and sort mine now please?
    Well done - it's surprising just how much space fabric can take up - I've booked to go to the quilt show at Malvern in the middle of May - I'll let you know if it's any good xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It wasn't quite so well organised before Trudie but it was a job worth doing....as for the nine boxes of fabric....I blame Birmingham...lol.
      Oooh yes please do let me know about the quilt show-x-

      Delete
  8. Oh Sheila you fabric fiend! It feels good when everything's neat and tidy! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fabric fiend? Moi?.....I don't know what you mean...lol-x-

      Delete
  9. Wow! Now that's what I call organised! You have done a great job there. I start with good intentions then my tidy drawers end up just as bad as before...lol...x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going to try very, very hard to keep it tidy-x-

      Delete
  10. My fabric drawers are full so I am not buying ANY more lol

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-