Pages

Followers

Tuesday 9 May 2017

A Very Rare Thing!!!

Not being a driver I don't very often get to go shopping by myself. I always have to wait for either Andy or DD to be available to take me.
Last night though DD was going into the big town to the gym so I hitched a ride and got her to drop me off at M****son's. It was lovely to have a wander round by myself. 
I don't very often shop there but I think I may have to do the same again as I was quite impressed.
No reduced food items but I did save £1.56 over three offers on cheese, fresh tomatoes and brioche rolls.
I also picked up this magazine.......


The pattern was free with it and is one I probably would buy. Looking online it retails for about £8 which more than covers the cost of the magazine and I have a suitable piece of fabric to make it too so I am quite happy about that.

Today will be a pretty quiet day. Andy is sleeping after a night shift so the hoovering and anything else noisy has to wait until he gets up.
Tea tonight will be impossible quiche to use up the last bit of the gammon I cooked for the weekend. I usually make my quiches with a pastry base so I am quite excited to see if we like this having never made one before. I'll serve it with a nice choppy salad and a crusty roll.

I unpicked the clown pyjamas yesterday and will recut them today ready for sewing up again and see how they turn out this time. If they are still horrible the pattern will be going in the bin.

Coffee and papers before I do anything else I think.
Hope it's a bit warmer where you are than it is here.
Sheila-x-

12 comments:

  1. So cold here - I might have to do housework to keep warm!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I stood by the oven while the quiche was cooking...I didn't want to move-x-

      Delete
  2. I have the same problem, Sheila, I don't drive either and we live in a very rural area with no public transport, so I can't go shopping unless OH takes me. It's a bit of a nightmare, as he loathes shopping and constantly remarks (LOUDLY) on the cost of everything. Now we take Betty with us, he sits in the car with her whilst I go in the shop....I'm always conscious of time so have to rush round, but it's better than the alternative!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is a bus service of sorts here Sooze but it keeps changing ownership and you never know if they are going to turn up or not so I have given up-x-

      Delete
  3. The sun is shining but I'm freezing - as usual. Makes me smile when you say the big town - do you live in a village or a market town with not many shops? Hope re-cutting the clown pj's works. So annoying when you've made something and it's not right. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Suzanne
      We live on a lane between two villages. Little town is about four miles away and is where we do most of our shopping at T***o. It's getting better for shops as there is now a Home Bargains, a B&M and a Poundstretcher. Big town is about ten miles in the other direction and has a much better selection of shops over three shopping centres but we don't go there so often.
      Andy now has pj's that don't look quite so comical...lol.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  4. I shop at Morrisons too Sheila - I'm careful of what I'm buying in there and I stock up when the special offers are on and I'm not much worse off than when I used to shop at Aldi - plus it's a far nicer shopping experience - worth a few extra pennies especially when you end up there week in, week out food shopping xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I really enjoyed it Trudie and loved the wider selection of produce they had compared to our local T's.
      I'll definitely be hitching a ride again-x-

      Delete
  5. The pattern looks great. I used to shop at Morrison's and quite liked it. Sadly there is only Tesco or the Co-Op now. Good luck with the PJs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooh I don't like the Co-Op so it would have to be T's for me.

      Pj's have turned out fine this time...yay-x-

      Delete
  6. I have bought a few copies of that magazine before when there has been a pattern I like

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish they would do some with children's patterns though Dawn-x-

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-