Pages

Followers

Thursday 4 May 2017

Bloomin' Lovely!!!

Another glorious sunshiney morning but with quite a strong wind again.
We have been out to do our bit at the polling station voting in the local elections. Another month and we'll be doing it all over again.

When we got back the sun was making the garden look particularly pretty so I thought I would show you some of my favourite bits and some of the new things that have been added since the last time I showed garden pics.......


This little corner makes my heart sing. For so long nothing would grow properly there but DD has improved the soil and with the added pots it now looks so pretty.


Granny's Inn.....no vacancies I'm afraid. The bluetits are in residence and have laid eggs.


A beatiful new red thistle. I have had blue ones before but have never seen a red one. I can't wait for this to fill out. It will look stunning.


Onto the front garden and the Scilla is beginning to flower.


I think the plant in the pot is an Allium. The crate is filled with DD's favourite Sedums in various forms.


More Sedums I think and some Thyme in a new planter. I'm not sure what else is in here as I forgot to ask.

I am so thrilled with what DD is doing with the garden. It's looking better than it ever has since we came here just over twenty years ago.

Today I just have a little more fabric to sort out and some Sweet and Sticky Chicken Meatballs to cook for tea and then I am going to be sewing. I will finish Ruby's skirt and then cut out and make a start on Andy's PJ's.....all of which should have been done yesterday but DD had a bit of a senior moment and turned the car for home....forgetting that she was supposed to be going to the gym and then couldn't be bothered to go out again....lol.
Hopefully she will remember today.

Also today I will be going against my own rule of never ironing tea towels and ironing a pile of them just for the simple joy of the smell after they have been line dried.

Have a wonderful day.
Sheila-x-

16 comments:

  1. It all looks really good, I have been looking for one of those roosting pouches.Exciting news about the blue tits we have babies I will be posting about them soon, your pots and planters look lovely, it all looks so neat and tidy, you have done a great job xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Marlene.
      I wish we had a camera in our box so I could see what's going on-x-

      Delete
  2. Your garden looks really wonderful. Looks like it would be a nice place to relax. The rain is back here again today. Seems like it's raining a lot recently! We're off on our trip on Saturday and luckily the weather looks good where daughter is so maybe I'll have sunshine in my forecast!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sharon.
      Won't be long until we are getting the garden furniture out of hibernation now but with this wind I think the parasol will not be going up...lol.
      Hope you get lots of sunshine on your visit-x-

      Delete
  3. Your garden looks amazing, beautiful. I am ashamed to show photos of mine at the moment, it has been sadly neglected for some time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you MM. It's taken a long time to get to that stage.
      Yours will get there once you have worked your magic on it-x-

      Delete
  4. Dear Sheila,

    Your garden looks lovely, especially like the red thistle. I also like that tall fence, have you always had it?

    I never bother with ironing tea towels, I just fold them and smooth as soon as they come off the line. Not much dried here on the line lately as we have had rain day after day. Many of the rivers are out of their banks and flooding in lots of places.

    Take care.

    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sandy.
      The tall fence is fairly new as we lost a few panels of the previous fence in some storms we had earlier in the year. I love this new one.
      I never iron tea towels either but just wanted to smell that smell of freshly washed cotton straight off the line.....and it was lovely but I won't be making a regular habit of it...lol.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  5. Your garden is looking so lovely.Your DD is doing a great job and the best is yet to come as things continue to bloom :) My garden is a bit bare just now. I am resisting the urge to plant up my hanging baskets as I did if a bit too early last year and they looked scraggly.So I ended up buying more lol. Also last year there were just these long green leaves growing at various points,no flowers on them.As we had not long moved in I just left them. So glad I did as this year they have flowered and are beautiful bluebells :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Chris....yes I can't wait until everything is fully out and looking pretty.
      Roz planted up a basket with Ruby the other week which I thought was a bit too early but it is doing well. We did cover it with fleece though when we had the frosts.
      How lovely to have bluebells in your garden. They won't grow in mine although the little copse down the road is full them and must surely be the same kind of soil-x-

      Delete
  6. Which reminds me we really need some new tea towels...I only like the terry ones and there is a lot of rubbish offered to us in the name of a terry tea towels out there so I'll have to choose wisely! Happy sewing and gardening. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have some terry tea towels but I prefer the smooth cotton ones. I really dislike the waffle weave ones though....they always shrink to the size of a flannel....drives me mad as there is always one included when you buy those packs of three...lol.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  7. I love pots and even more so pots with sedums your daughter is doing a fab job in the garden, I am working on part of ours this week which includes sedums and pots :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is doing a really good job and I am so proud of her.
      I had always thought pots were just for patios but I'm really loving this look with them in the borders.
      Hope you get some sunshine for your gardening this weekend-x-

      Delete
  8. Your garden is looking lovely Sheila and yuo have the added bonus of an in-house gardener as well!

    The little house is adorable and you are so lucky to have eggs in there. Bet Ruby can't wait to see the little birds popping in and out.

    The wind has dropped here but it's been freezing. Feels more like winter than spring. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love ironing tea towels. Talking of tea towels, I'm in a group over on Feb dedicated to TTs. They use them for sewing. Aldi had some gorgeous ones in that these ladies bought up in their thousands and there's now none left to be had ANYWHERE!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-