Pages

Followers

Tuesday 16 May 2017

Alien Invasion!!!

I woke this morning to find that I had been invaded by aliens from the planet Domesticus and had strange urges for doing domestic goddess type things. What is that all about.....I never, ever wake up wanting to do housework....lol.
So....hoovering done (very quickly so as not to wake Andy), last of the laundry done, dried and put away, a roast chicken dinner is prepped, fridge has been tidied and wiped out and kitchen floor is mopped. I now have the urge to tidy out the cupboard where I keep all the pickles, chutneys and sauces to check nothing is out of date and see if we need top ups on anything.
I do hope they go home tonight.....can't be doing with them hanging round for long....lol.

I have just parked me bum for five minutes to have a coffee and then I'll be back in DG mode until it's time to wave Andy off to work tonight.......after which I will breathe a huge sigh of relief and chuck meself onto the sofa to watch something with DD.

Hope you are all having either a restful day or a busy day...however you want it.
Sheila-x-
 

9 comments:

  1. I'd go and have a lie down if I were you, Sheila....wanting to do housework is just not right lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done, its certainly housework weather here, rain all week x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would like the aliens from planet Decoratus to come and invade my house, any chance? No, I don't think so either!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you should check your temperature!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh I do love a good tidy up, enjoy your rest this evening xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well you certainly got a lot done. Hope it stays that way and we know who we are talking about don't we! It's the same here. Hubby is out so I have had a jolly good clean up because we are going away Friday and the neighbor will be popping in, so that got me going. Honestly does any one live with a perfectly clean house all the time.

    Hugs.

    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow I wish it was contagious! I would love some more clear surfaces, but it seems every time I clear one someone puts stuff on it (I'm guilty of it too!). I need to continue sorting through things and get it sold/donated/given away.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I feel tired just thinking about all you got done today :) I did a bit of pottering in the garden before rain set in.Have a lot of elder weed coming through from surrounding neighbours gardens.I know it should probably be dug out but not got the strength or willing volunteers so I just snip it while muttering naughty words :)

    I tried the impossible quiche recipe today and it was a success :) Was inspired by reading about it here x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I go through fits and starts with housework Sheila, some days I really don't want to do any, other days I thoroughly enjoy the whole thing. I'm having a pretty good week with it at the moment. Long may it continue for both of us :) xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-