Pages

Followers

Tuesday 2 May 2017

Glorious Morning, Grey Afternoon!!!

I'm not a big fan of the phone ringing later on at night as I always think something is wrong. So when ours rang at 9pm my heart jumped straight into my mouth......it was just DS asking if he could pick me up on the way back from the school run to babysit Marlowe for a couple of hours while he went and got his hair cut.
He duly picked me up in glorious sunshine this morning and I spent a fabulous couple of hours giving Marlowe her breakfast and then playing down on the floor with a basket of assorted animals and singing silly songs. She just started getting ready for her morning nap as Daddy returned so she had that while Daddy made me a bacon sandwich and a cup of tea. We managed to eat, drink and have a chinwag and then she was awake again so Daddy made her a picnic lunch and dropped me home on his way to take her to the park for some fresh air.
I hung out the washing and along came the grey clouds. It's still dry at the moment with a good breeze so I am hoping it will dry.

I want to say a huge thank you to Pam at  A New Life In Wales  for the beautiful bag I won in her recent giveaway. Pam it is just gorgeous and I know exactly what I will use it for. I'll have to take a pic later as the camera needs charging but I will post it tomorrow and show you what I will be using it for.

Well I had best go and catch up with some jobs now until Miss Ruby arrives for tea. She has requested tomato soup and DD and I will be having a cheese and pineapple salad so no cooking for me today thank goodness just a general tidy up and hoover round.

If you have some sun could you send it bit back my way please. It's gone really cold now it's clouded over.
Have a lovely day.
Sheila-x-

10 comments:

  1. I can report that the sun is shining nicely, I have managed to dry a line of washing and have finally taken a walk down the croft.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We stayed with the grey clouds for the rest of the day but at least it didn't rain-x-

      Delete
  2. I know just what you mean about late phonically, though this was a good one as you got a play date. Grey here too, sigh, I need some sunshine xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ....and a lovely play date it was too Cheryl with my cheeky little munky.
      Hope you get sunshine tomorrow-x-

      Delete
  3. Ladies, I will gladly send you some Florida sunshine but it comes with horrible humidity!! I think it would be impossible to dry laundry outside as the humidity is so high. What a nice treat to see Marlowe and then Ruby tonight...how fun. Enjoy your evening

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooooh no Amy....I think we will pass on the humidity although it's very kind of you to offer...lol.
      It was such a treat to see my girls today-x-

      Delete
  4. Inside most of the day at work but had a lovely sunny dog walk. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been in side most of the day although from choice as the breeze has been so chilly without the sun to warm it a bit.
      We've had no rain though so I am grateful for that.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  5. As my dear old Nan would say "fair exchange is no robbery" and I think a bacon butty and a brew in exchange for babysitting is a good trade off :)

    Well done on winning the giveaway, what a lovely surprise. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry, I had the sunshine today!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-