Pages

Followers

Saturday 6 May 2017

It's A Soggy Kind Of Saturday!!!

Very wet, very cold and thoroughly miserable outside this morning. Poor old DD will be working out in it later on today.

I cooked a small piece of gammon yesterday which we are going to have with salad for tea but salad ingredients are a bit low as we have eaten quite a lot this week so I shall need to nip out and stock up.

Andy is out with Miss Doodle making another attempt to get some guinea pigs. I hope they manage to get her some this week.......just had a phonecall from Andy....no guinea pigs in this week they all went earlier in the week. Ruby is disappointed bless her.

On the sewing front...one maxi skirt finished at last and one pair of PJ's just needing the leg hems doing although I must say that I am a little disappointed at how they have turned out.
The pattern envelope shows nice straight legged pyjama bottoms but the finished object doesn't resemble them in any way, shape or form. I took all his measurements correctly and used the size most suitable. I've used the correct seam allowances and still they look like clown trousers with just so much fabric in the legs that if he went outside on a windy day I swear he would take off. I will make them again but only when I have found a You Tube video on how to alter a trouser pattern to make slimmer legs.
The next project will be a pink broderie anglaise crop top for Ruby which I hope to get cut out today.

We were going to get the garden furniture out this weekend but I think it can stay where it is for now. At least it will save shifting it around for a while when we mow the lawn.

Rightio....I am off to finish me sewing.
Hope you all have a smashing weekend.
Sheila-x-

13 comments:

  1. Oh what a shame about the guinea pigs, hopefully soon, it's horrible to be disappointed, but perhaps it has to be just the right, special one for her xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I know Cheryl she was disappointed yesterday but she knows we'll get some eventually. The reason they run out is because they are rescue anmals and not from a breeder so they don't have a constant supply-x-

      Delete
  2. Wish I had a pattern for slimmer legs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe it's so cold over there!! I hope you stay warm and that Ruby gets her special guinea pig soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't believe it's still so cold either Amy.....it's crazy-x-

      Delete
  4. Its quite unbelievable that the Islands are warmer than a lot of the mainland at the moment. I am hoping it picks up as we are coming over to see the Grands next weekend. Such a shame about the guinea pigs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope it picks up for you too MM. Surely the temperatures have to pick up soon-x-

      Delete
  5. Oh poor Ruby, she's been so patient waiting for her new furry friends.

    Laughing at the thought of Andy blowing away. Might have to buy the PJ's off you and send Mark out in them when I fancy him taking off for a few hours to give me a bit of peace and quiet! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is such a good girl Suzanne. She knows Grandad will do his best to get some.

      Honestly these PJ's are hilarious. I'm going to try and alter them but I have a feeling that it will be rather like trying to make a marquee fit Twiggy....lol.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  6. Stunningly wam day today here in Central Scotland and DH and I went on a stroll down his memory lane to Strathaven where he was born and lived until he was 22. Had a delicious scone and coffee and bought some osteospernum for the big pots at the back door. Sweet peas sold out so will have to keep looking. What a shame about the guinea pigs-you'll get one/ some eventually. Enjoy the rest of the weekend-I'm off to Suzanne's for a sugarfest!! Catriona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love a good walk down memory lane. It's mostly Andy's memory lane in this house as the village where I grew up is now more like a town and most of my memories have been obliterated.
      Gorgeous osteospermum....I think I'll get Roz to get some for the front garden. They're so pretty.
      Enjoy your sugarfest-x-

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-