Pages

Followers

Saturday 13 May 2017

A Very Quiet Saturday!!!

Just me and the old man at home today so it's going to be a pretty quiet day here.
I will be doing girly type house jobs and he will be doing manly type outside jobs which I hope will include mowing the lawns which seem to have gone mad overnight and look very untidy.
My main jobs will be cleaning the lounge and then going up to have a final sort through what is left of the stuff that came down from the attic and is currently cluttering up the sideboard on the landing.
When we are done we are just having a simple tea of cheese, crackers and pickles.

Grandad picked Ruby up from school yesterday and bought her home to meet her guinea pigs. It was love at first sight and she was over the moon with them.
The ginger one has been named Ginger of course and the black one has been named Skylar....because he reminded Ruby of the night sky....bless her.
We didn't handle them too much with it being their first day in their new home and wanting them to settle in but when she comes for tea next week we'll get them out and let her have a cuddling session so that she can get to know them.

Not sure what the weather is going to end up doing today...it could go either way. It's bright with grey clouds at the moment and cold again with a good breeze so I might wash the sofa quilts to freshen them up and hang them out. They can always be finished off in the dryer if it decides to rain.

Hope you are all doing things that make you happy today.
Sheila-x-

10 comments:

  1. Ginger and Skylar are lovely names. Good idea to let them settle in, they're lovely animals though and really enjoy lots of cuddles so Ruby will get plenty of time doing that.

    Your quiet day sounds lovely. Enjoy it. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've had a cuddle with Skylar today....ooooh he is lovely.

      It's been a smashing day....hope yours has been too.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  2. What cute names Ruby has chosen, I bet she can't wait for her cuddling time. Grey here today too, think a cosy afternoon knitting is on the cards for me xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has stayed grey all day with spits of rain so I'm glad I was doing inside jobs.
      Hope you got your knitting done-x-

      Delete
  3. What lovely names. Ruby has chosen well. Guinea pigs are so cute and make great pets.
    Happy Saturday Sheila. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have to be honest I really didn't want them at first but I put all that aside for Ruby and now I am really glad they are here...they really are cute.
      Hope your Saturday has been fabuous-x-

      Delete
  4. Welcome little guinea pigs...been helping with sheep this morning and have iodine all over my hands to prove it! Very blowy here today...perfect for laundry. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooh....I would rather have the guinea pigs I think Jackie....they are just about my big enough...lol.
      Dodged the rain and got a quilt dried...yay.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  5. never ever start tidying the airing cupboard out , im sure mine is the damned Tardis !! just one of those days

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good advice Kate....I did mine when we had the boiler put in and my language was quite something I can tell you....lol.
      Awwww sorry you are having one of those days...hugs being sent-x-

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-