Pages

Followers

Monday 12 December 2016

A Cold Day For Shopping!!!

We had to nip out this morning to pick up a few bits, return some Christmas lights that only worked for an hour before the bulbs started going and to return some trousers I had bought for Ruby that didn't fit and I am now chilled to the bone.
It's a very still, dark and damp day so I think the fire will be lit shortly.
DD has now gone in to Derby so not much getting done on the present wrapping front at the moment. I think I will fetch the cards down and get those written on so that I have that job ticked off my list.

Just a simple tea tonight of bacon and tomato paninis. I do tend to cut down on big meals in the run up to Christmas. Not that we go overboard with food but I don't think it hurts to have some simpler meals for a week or so.

I need to warm my hands before I start writing. I think a nice mug of tea will do the job so I'll get the kettle on.

Hope you are all keeping warm today.
Sheila-x-

7 comments:

  1. It's a very dark, damp day here too. At least the fairy lights on the tree are giving us a bit of much needed sparkle. I am going to be doing some card writing myself this evening. I've put it off for long enough. Hope you warm up soon. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its cold and very damp here too. Simple meals are definitely on the agenda for a few days here too after overeating at the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me too, it is not necessary to have big meals all the time,Leek and Potato soup for use tomorrow, I have just finished and posted the last of the cards. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I envy your cold but not grey! We live in Florida and just had to put the AC on again as the humidity was like 80%. Ugh. I'm hoping for another cold front so I can wear my other Christmas sweater!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes a dark damp day here too. It's funny as it was so lovely yesterday. Hope you got your cards written. Jane xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. We do the same with roast dinners. I don't cook any at all during December and try to limit our chicken intake as well, which is hard as that's the main meat we eat. It's worth it though because it means when Christmas Day arrives we enjoy our dinner that bit more. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice to know the uk only sells quality electrical items! Advent was always traditionally a time for belt tightening which made the feasting over Christmas all the more special. x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-