Pages

Followers

Monday 1 July 2019

Three Days Gone In A Flash!!!

I meant to blog every day of the last three days but you know what it's like....life got in the way as usual.
The weekend has been a mixture of shock and anger regarding BIL's situation, nice things and this morning a very aggravating time with Mr Tea Towel.
There were plans to be doing some sorting out upstairs today ready for a mega sleepover with both of the girls later on in the month but I just thought 'sod it' and have spent the last couple of hours making headway on a new cross stitch and I am now down off the ceiling and somewhat calmer.....lol.

Nice things.......we needed a new tv and as luck would have it Andy got his half yearly bonus from work so we now have a rather large one sitting in the living room. It's so big that I can watch it without my glasses on......in fact I think I'd still be able to see it if I went and sat at the bottom of the road....lol. It's a 'smart' tv whatever that means and has way too many buttons on the remote for me to fathom out so there will be no daytime watching until I get the hang of it.....not that I do anyway.

I've not given a thought to what DD and I are having for our tea today. It will be something quick and simple like chicken strips with a pea shoot and piccolo tomato salad. I'll see what she feels like when she comes in.
After tea I need to go out and do a top up shop which was going to be done this morning but we had the plumber here fixing a leak so there was no time.

Anyhoo I had best get off and run the hoover over before DD gets home.

Hope you are all having a lovely day.
Sheila-x-

10 comments:

  1. Using your time to cross stitch is the best way to restore calm. Well that's my excuse and I'm sticking with it.

    Mx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd forgotten just how relaxing it is and I am loving doing it again.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  2. We too have a smart TV I love the fact I can press a button and watch stuff I've missed.. Hope you and Mr Tea towel, are back on an even keel, But gosh sometimes I have to be very adult and hold my tongue when DH asks for something that he hasn't put back where he got it from and then wants it again.. ummmmm!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooh....I've not found that button yet...lol.
      I must admit to a slight tantrum yesterday when Andy was driving me particularly mad but all is calm now.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  3. I remember cross stitch to be very relaxing. I hope you manage to stay away from the ceiling now. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Windows open, a lovely breeze, a cup of tea and my stitching and my blood pressure soon returned to normal Jules.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  4. Glad the cross stitch helped. It won't take long to get used to the new remote, so enjoy your new TV.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Andy and Roz watch it more than me so they can do all the fiddling with the remote and I'll just ask if I need to...lol.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  5. Good morning Sheila. (said in a very chirpy tone of voice). Sun is shining and the line is full of laundry drying. Cross stitch is so calming isn't it. Enjoy that TV.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good morning Cherie....our sun is hiding today but there is a lovely breeze and it's still very warm.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-