Pages

Followers

Tuesday 2 July 2019

A Bitting And Bobbing Day!!!

Today I have a few odd jobs to clear up. I need to finish Ruby's skirt for the play so that she can take it home tomorrow and I have to take up two pairs of trousers for Andy.....oh how I hate that job. These must be the longest I have ever had to shorten......they need eight inches cutting off before I hem them.
There are also the sofa blankets to wash and put away.
I'm glad there are no heavy jobs to do as it is so warm today. There's not much sun to see but there is a warm breeze blowing through the windows.

Last night we just had a quick sandwich for tea before going out so I don't have to think much for tonight....we'll have the chicken strips and salad we were going to have......one brain cell saved for another day....lol.

Now I have to butcher two metres of fabric by tearing it into strips to attach to a waistband for the woodland fairy skirt so I had best go and get on with that. I hope this works as I haven't a clue what else I can do.

Hope you are all having a smashing day.
Sheila-x-

6 comments:

  1. I am not a fan of taking up trousers either Sheila and I always have to hack loads off mine as I am only 4' 11" so even petite are too long.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Andy is 5' 9" but thinks he's about seven foot tall....lol.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  2. It must be sewing weather. Yesterday I took up three pairs of Tony's work trousers... I looked at the sofa blankets but they can wait a few more days for a wash.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Managed to make the skirt with no sewing whatsoever....yay......trousers still waiting to be done.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  3. I agree with the title of your blog. I have almost forgotten what ironing is, ha ha. I did recently buy a steam iron and a small ironing board (sleeve size) and have ironed a couple blouses. Nice to meet you here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Life is definitely too short for ironing Terra. I'll happily iron yards and yards of quilting or dressmaking fabric but clothes and domestic stuff....nah.
      Lovely to meet you here too.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-