Pages

Followers

Tuesday 23 July 2019

Busyness!!!

Sorry for the lack of posts the last few days but I am up to my ears in busyness getting the house ready for my two little visitors at the weekend.
Ruby is coming to stay Friday night on her own and then she will stay Saturday night along with Marlowe who will be having her first ever sleepover at Ganma's....she is so excited.
To round off the weekend before delivering them home we will take them out for lunch.
A weekend full of lovely 😁

Today is supposed to turn very hot this afternoon so I am saving the job of cleaning out the fridge until then....I'm not daft....lol. Can't think of anything better than having my head stuck in the fridge on a baking hot afternoon.

Meals are continuing to be very simple with the oven being used for the shortest times possible.
Today will be a cold Spanish omelette with salad to use up any leftovers in the fridge.

There is still cross stitching going on and I have just started a new Christmas chart which is looking lovely. I have a few completed pieces now which I need to rinse and iron before I decide on how to finish them and once I have gathered all the things I need to do that I will have a day of just finishing which should be fun.
I'm so glad that I was inspired to start cross stitching again.

Well sitting here won't get me omelette made will it....lol......so I shall go and have a root in the fridge and get started.

Have a wonderful day.
Sheila-x-

11 comments:

  1. I love cross stitching but had a bit a hiatus for a few years after my youngest was born. I'm back to it and as I can't draw it is my way of creating something so fine and beautiful that my FIL thought they were paintings until I pointed out all the little individual stitches.

    Make the most of your time in the fridge its going to be a warm afternoon.

    Mx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've seen some pretty stunning cross stitch projects in progress on the Facebook group I belong to (Stitching With The Housewives). One lady is doing an American eagle which is so amazing it takes my breath away.

      I'm thinking of moving into the fridge....lol.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  2. Yes scorchio here too Sheila, I must be a pig because I wouldn't clean anything in this hot weather, altho we were up at 6:00am yesterday and gardened before the sun got too hot..only because we have Dh's daughter and family at this coming weekend. So we'll have little Josh here age 18months, lots to look forward to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just clearing out to make more room for cold drinks and salads Chris.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  3. Sounds like a wonderful weekend planned with two little visitors, what fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wouldn't you just credit it.....it's going to rain.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  4. It's been lovely and warm here today. Simple meals are best at this time of year. I made a quiche yesterday and we only used half, so we can eat the rest cold with some salad this evening. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was going to pinch your idea of quiche for tonight's tea but with it predicting 30 plus temperatures today I may be rethinking that.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  5. I used to cross stitch for about 20 years.Then visual problems made it harder.But over the past couple of weeks and lots of breaks to rest my eyes I stitched a birth sampler for my granddaughter who is 7 weeks old. What a lovely weekend you have coming up x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I stopped cross stitching about 20 years or so ago too Chris. I'm managing even though my eyesight is rubbish but I may look at getting a pair of magnifying glasses as I am struggling with evenweave fabric.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
    2. I have been using one of those magnifiers with a neck cord.But if you do a lot of stitching the magnifying glasses might be better ☺ x

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-