Pages

Followers

Monday 8 July 2019

Rain Did Not Stop Play!!!

Well I think the weekend was about the nicest I have had for ages.....even though we had some rain.
On Saturday DD and I decided to venture over the border into Cheshire and visited Dagfields Antique and Craft Centre. We hadn't been there for years as my main reason for going used to be the card and paper supplier when I was cardmaking and DD's reason was for the huge book shop.
It has changed a lot. The book shop is still there although not the card and paper supplier.
We found an absolutely awesome vintage shop with an amazing range of vintage sewing notions.....jars and jars full of sewing threads and buttons. There were vintage linens, kitchenware, garden tools and so much more. DD almost had to drag me out as I could have stayed in there all day.
It was a little disconcerting though to see things I bought and used as a newly wed and as a young mother now classed as vintage.....lol.......and costing probably ten times what they cost when they were first bought.
Andy will be on annual leave in a couple of weeks and he says he will take me back then for a good look around as he finds those kind of shops interesting too.

On the way back we called at Bridgemere Garden Centre for a cup of tea and a visit to Hobbycraft where the bargain of the day was found in the form of Anchor embroidery threads being sold off at 50p per skein. I duly relieved them of sixty six skeins 😁the poor lad at the till nearly had a heart attack when he saw them all and decide to count them and put them through the till that way rather than scan them individually...lol.

Sunday was just home based although we did go out for lunch which was really lovely and this morning I have been for my blood test, been weighed.......no gain or loss so I am happy with that and blood pressure was checked and is fine.
So....all in all a good few days. Let's hope it continues for the week.

Today I am finishing off the laundry I started yesterday and tea will be very simple.....pork skewers with a salad and some parmesan and garlic roast potatoes....yum, yum.

Hope you have all had a lovely weekend.
Sheila-x-

5 comments:

  1. What a lovely blog post Sheila, your weekend sounds lovely. Mine was spent de-cluttering, time on the allotment and a lovely bit of crafting on Sunday xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It certainly was a good one :)
      Sunday crafting is the best. I like to be in the sewing room after lunch while Andy watches whatever rubbish he watches on tv....lol.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a wonderful weekend. I would have loved that shop too, vintage notions and such would have had my heart fluttering.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a wonderful shop MM. I'll see if they will let me take some photos inside when I go again in a couple of weeks or so.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  3. I love the sound of the vintage sewing notions shop - I'd have been in my element, too! x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-