Pages

Followers

Tuesday 9 July 2019

It's Looking Like Another Good Day!!!

It's warm and dry but very little in the way of sun today although the light outside is that weird bright that makes you squint.
I'm happy though. The last load of laundry for this week is whirring around in the machine and while I am waiting for that to finish I have a big bowl of dye on the side with aida fabric soaking to turn it from white and cream into a gorgeous grey that will be perfect for some wintery stitching.
I'd like to have a good collection of dyes so that I can make my fabrics whatever colour I like and don't have to trawl the internet looking for just the right colour as I can never find just what I want.

Tomorrow will be named Whirlwind Wednesday as Marlowe is coming for tea along with Ruby. Oh my....that little girl is an actual whirlwind.....she is never still unless she is asleep. 
It will be fun.....once I have Marlowe-proofed the house....lol.

Right....I will go and see if that fabric has taken up enough colour and give a rinse and an iron and it will be all ready for use when I have finished my current project.

Have a lovely day.
Sheila-x-


3 comments:

  1. Dyeing cross stitch fabric was one of those projects that I never got around to lol. Do you set the colour with anything so it doesn't run?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I am tea and coffee dying I add salt but nothing extra if I am using Dylon dye and then if I wash a project after finishing it I do it in cool water with a little bit of hand washing laundry liquid. It seems to work for me.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  2. What fun to have both of them. Cool and taining here.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-