Pages

Followers

Friday 5 July 2019

Keeping Cool!!!

It's a tad warm here today....27C in the sewing room before the sleep was even rubbed from my eyes this morning but it has now settled to 26.5C.
I am up to date on jobs so today is day for me and I will be stitching with the curtains closed and a cool drink to hand. The curtains have to be closed to stop the sun flash on the cars down the road which bounces into my eyes and nearly blinds me.

Ruby was thrilled with her fairy skirt and it fit perfectly so I am one happy Ganma. I'll get to see it action when we go to watch the play. That will be quite a sad day as it will be her last performance at this beautiful school.....she leaves the day after the play.
She enjoyed her induction days at her new school and was full of news and excitement when she came for tea.

If it's not too hot at the weekend I may venture out for an airing if DD fancies it. I'm not sure where we'll go yet but it will be something to look forward to and it will be a nice easy weekend as I won't be cooking Sunday lunch....Andy has booked us a table at the pub 😁

Have you got anything nice planned for the weekend?
Hope you have a fabulous one whatever you are doing.
Sheila-x-

10 comments:

  1. It's not very warm here in Greenock - hopefully i will get better later, although I think the forecast is rain!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's cooled down here a bit now so hopefully we've swapped and you are getting some sunshine and warmth now.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  2. Hi Sheila from across the pond! I am a new follower to your blog. Your posts are so interesting, they give me the incentive to learn cross stitch. I am currently working, very slow progress, on a quilt for my granddaughter after many years of not sewing (after I took up crochet). It seems I can only handle one hobby at a time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Susan....how lovely to see you here.
      I have just started back to cross stitch after a good twenty years away and boy have things changed. If you want some inspiration for your cross stitch you really need to have a look at Priscilla's blog up on my side bar. They are very encouraging to new beginners and old hands too. Their Floss Tube videos on You Tube are hilarious.
      Have fun with your stitching.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  3. You have it much warmer than here, although it is still nice and sunny.
    Hopefully we'll enjoy a relaxing weekend as we have a busy time of it until the end of term. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's cooled down a little now Jules and we did have rain on Saturday which was very welcome.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  4. It hasn't got above 12 degrees here so not a lot getting done outside. Iam enjoying a little Christmas in July. Glad the skirt was a perfect fit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am Christmas stitching....and loving it. I think I prefer Christmas crafts because of the colours.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Doing well on that front today....it's much cooler than it has been.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-