Pages

Followers

Wednesday 17 July 2019

Just One Cold Day...Please!!!

I am so over this heat now and I would love just one cold day to rack my energy levels up a bit and to not feel like my clothes are strangling me. DD and I are finding that the new sofa and chairs are not conducive to evening tv watching while it is so warm so there is absolutely zero snuggling going on and I miss going to bed with my hot water bottle.
I am a Winter girl through and through.

Household jobs are getting done in a rather flopsy manner with more than usual breaks for cold drinks and life behind closed curtains is becoming rather boring as I try to keep the house cooler.

Andy is still demanding cooked meals at lunchtime. I cannot persuade him to have salad no matter how hard I try. This is one thing I won't miss when he retires in September.

Looking forward to seeing Ruby later this afternoon and as usual there is chicken on the menu....fajitas today with a lovely cool salad....bliss......followed by fruit in jelly with ice cream....but not for me as I'm not a fan of jelly unless I really, really fancy it.

So....I will go and chop up some salad and run the hoover over then I can stitch for an hour until she arrives.

Hope you are having a great day today.
Sheila-x-

6 comments:

  1. I'm sorry you're still struggling with the heat, Sheila. As someone who feels the cold easily I love the summer months, but I can understand that not everyone enjoys the high temperatures.
    I hope that an hour or two's stitching helps you stay cool and you can enjoy your evening with Ruby. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry you're not enjoying the weather. Like Jules, I feel the cold and our old house costs a fortune to heat in the winter months, I enjoy every minute that it's warm.
    Have a lovely evening. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello and stop in from Vix. Don't do well when comes to heat. Our summer been on cool side so far, but I keep hearing it going to heat up over weekend.
    If you have time stop in for a cup of coffee

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would gladly swap weather with you Sheila as I am a great fan of the heat. Enjoy your stitching and time with Ruby.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If today was for you, ass it was for us in Worcestershire, your wish has been (at least to some extent) granted. A bit cooler and drizzling a couple of times. Autumn is my favourite season but I don't like the fact that winter follows it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i am the same and hate the heat! i feel you !

    Jadieegosh

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-