Pages

Followers

Thursday 27 June 2019

It's Here!!!

The sun has arrived....but thankfully not the high temperatures as there is a good strong breeze blowing and keeping it quite cool today. I am dreading the very hot weather.
Too late to save my beautiful peony which I never got to enjoy before it was battered by rain but other things are coming into flower now for us to enjoy.
Lots of birds still visiting the feeding stations....a greedy pig of a crow who keeps flying off with the half coconut shells, loads of squabbling starlings and the other day a bird which I think was a Hobby. It didn't stay long but oh it was beautiful.

One very excited Ruby came for tea yesterday. She has such a lot going on again. Off to London at the weekend, the school play (she loves her drama and singing) and two induction days at her new school which she moves to in September.....I've never seen a child so excited about school....lol.
I have the job of making her costume for the play and luckily it is a fairly simple make and the remit from school quite precise so I am hoping it goes well.

I am still cross stitching like it's going out of fashion and have finished a fairly large chart of a Winter Alphabet which I am going to make into a cushion for the girls. It was worked in the called for DMC colours but there was pink in it which I didn't like so I am doing another version on a smaller count of fabric with my own chosen colours.
I'll show pics when they have been washed and pressed.

We haven't anything much planned for the weekend I'm just glad we won't be having a repeat of last Saturday when we had a guy here cleaning all the outside of the house, soffits, fascias, gutters, windows and doors. he did a smashing job but he was here for four hours.
This Saturday we are going to visit the pet crematorium where they are going to transfer Smudges ashes into a casket for us as I have decided that I don't want to scatter him in the garden after all.

Andy is sleeping well today so I am off to see if I can sneak in another hour of stitching before he gets up.

Hope you are all having a fabulous day and that you have sunshine to enjoy.
Sheila-x-

6 comments:

  1. You seem so much brighter, Sheila.
    I hope the sunshine is here to stay for a while now. It's lovely that Ruby is so excited about school and I do hope we get to see a glimpse of her costume for the play.
    Enjoy the sunshine. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you patched things up with Ruby after her mum got to the bottom of what she was worrying about. Bless her little (big) heart for missing Smudge. We have the breeze here too, just as well or it would be too hot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely to hear that you and Ruby are all ok. You seem back to your happy self, although knowing how you're always cleaning I was surprised to hear you had a man in to clean all outside, ha ha.. you put me to shame Sheila.I've missed you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its wonderful that Ruby is so excited about school. Hope you post a picture of the outfit you make for her.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to say my Peonies suffered the same fate as yours, we went away to Wales from the weekend and when we came back they had been battered flat by the heavy rain in our absence. I was quite gutted as I had been watching the buds expectantly waiting for them to open and then missed it . Heyho there is always next year and I think I will stake the bud bearing stems next year to give them a bit of support

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sheila I've just caught up with your posts...not surprised you have been feeling a bit in the doldrums with the mix up with Ruby...children can be so complicated sometimes...but for the simplest of reasons. It has been very windy and hot here this afternoon. Work really was a killer, but actually this morning it was a chilly wind. Sending hugs your way. -x-

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-