Pages

Followers

Thursday 31 January 2019

Ooooh....Chilly!!!

We have woken to a very white and misty world this morning.
No snow but the kind of heavy frost that turns all those nasty brown sticks and stems in the garden into magical fairy wands and the spider webs on the fences into swathes of lace.
It is so pretty.
There has just been a short snow shower of the tiniest flakes imaginable but that has now stopped.

I am nursing aches in places I never knew I had after a very playful day with Marlowe yesterday.
Her favourite films at the moment are Father Christmas.....so we had to join in with the dancing.....and The Snowman and The Snow Dog....she wanted to fly like the snowman so I scooped her up and twirled her round....not just the once but...again, again, again Ganma.....lol.
Hide and seek produced much laughter as she would stand behind me giggling while I pretended to look for her. Then she discovered a new hiding place....up the front of Ganma's 
tee shirt and the strange thing is Ruby used to do the exact same thing when she was tiny.
I think we can safely say that potty training in the house is complete. She started on Saturday and there have been no accidents since Sunday. The next stage will be out and about which will be fun.

DD has invited me out for tea tonight but it will depend on the weather. If we get any snow we will be staying firmly put and I will make us a treat of egg and chips to eat at home.

Another full day with Marlowe tomorrow so I have plans to make Rice Crispy cakes with her which I think she will enjoy doing.

I have sat through six seasons of Game of Thrones wondering what the hell is going on. We have started season seven and now it gets exciting. There is one season left when it comes out on DVD and that will be the last one apparently although I have read somewhere that prequels are in the pipeline. I'm not a huge fan of prequels.

Today I will mostly be pottering....tidying the fridge and seeing if we are short of anything, a quick hoover round as it didn't get done yesterday and then I may go upstairs and have a cull of the tee shirts in my wardrobe as they seem to be breeding.

Hope you are all keeping warm.
Have a lovely day.
Sheila-x-

18 comments:

  1. Blimmin' freezing here today too, and snow forecast for this afternoon. Prequels annoy me - why couldn't they just make them first?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Another cold one here today and still no snow :(
      The only exception I would make for prequels is the Star Wars ones....they are pretty good.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  2. Perishing here too. It's nice and sunny though which makes a change from grey skies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice and sunny here today Cherie.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  3. Made it to work...another world here...at home frost and hail...at work snow drifts pushed aside! Here all day...hopefully getting home tonight. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hardly a speck of snow here Jackie just heavy frosts.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  4. Stay home and keep warm, Sheila. It's a beautiful bright and sunny day here but it's incredibly cold.
    Your new exercise regime sounds fun. 😉

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The sun is out here today Jules after a horrible grey day yesterday but I'm still not tempted to go out.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  5. With the windchill it is Minus 30C here in Toronto (Minus 22F) but at least it's stopped snowing!
    Commuter trains, part of the subway system and the airport express train have all been cancelled because the signal boxes have frozen on the exposed track!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you are staying safe and warm Margie.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  6. Glad you had a fun day, stay cosy. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was hilarious Marlene.
      Staying as warm as I can hope you are too.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  7. The snow started here around 4 and it is still falling. It is the very fine stuff so fingers crossed it will not settle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No snow here....I have given up hope.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  8. Sounds like so much fun making some amazing memories for you both.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was lovely MM. She's a bright little button for a two year old.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  9. I admire you giving Game of Thrones ago!! Don't worry about wondering what the hell is going on, my godmothers cardiologist is always complaining he is getting confused and lost in it ! I wonder what the hell is going on in Midsomer Murders!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I nearly gave up Nat I can tell you but Jaime Lannister kept me going back...lol.
      I haven't watched Midsomer Murders for ages.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-