Pages

Followers

Monday 7 January 2019

A Chilli Kind Of Day!!!

I am so glad to be finally rid of all the festive food and today I am going to be making a huge batch of chilli con carne. Some for tea tonight and lots to put in the freezer in meals for three sized portions and individual portions for pack ups. I've gone off rice a bit so tonight we will have it with a jacket potato.
My plan is to overcook every day this week so I have things to pull out when I can't be bothered to cook from scratch.

A new wardrobe has been ordered for one of the bedrooms so I have twelve days before it is delivered to do a massive declutter up there. Black bags have been purchased in readiness and I am quite looking forward to it finally being organised.
I can't start it today as Andy will soon be going up to catch up on some sleep before his night shift tonight.

Right I  had better go and get on with some chopping of onions and peppers and get this chilli on the go.

Have a fabulous day.
Sheila-x-


10 comments:

  1. Enjoy your chilli. It's spaghetti bolognese here today with a similar thought process behind it. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A bolognese sauce is going on my list for the freezer as I have nearly run out.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  2. It was curry for us. A blimmin big pan full.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't make curry very often as I am not a huge fan. I am learning to like it though so a good panful could be made for the freezer.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  3. We are enjoying meals from the freezer that I made prior to going away. Its wonderful not to have to worry about meals with so much to do. Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usually cook from scratch every day and just freeze leftovers for pack ups but have decided that I deserve a day off now and again and aim to get a good few meals into the freezer that will just need the veg or whatever preparing on the day we eat it.
      Happy New Year to you too.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  4. My goal is to use up a lot of freezer food. I am trying to keep on track with meal planning as I find that tends to help with using things up and not buying duplicates too. I have been freezing some things to use in case I don't want to cook. I find that helps us not buy take away or spend useless money and this year I am trying to pay more attention to where my pennies go!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Andy is hoping to retire this year. He's 65 in September so it will be a year until he gets his pension. I need to make every penny count so I'm looking at saving on all fronts.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-