Pages

Followers

Wednesday 2 January 2019

Wot....No Veg!!!

A wasted trip out to the veg shop today. Apparently people in our neck of the woods don't need any until January 7th when they open again.
I love that shop for my veg because you don't have to take any plastic bags if you don't want them. Everything is loose so that you can just take as much as you need and it is really good value for money. Had to resort to the supermarket for what I needed.

Freezer topped up at Iceland and I learned something today that I never knew.....the shop staff hours depend upon people using the delivery service. I have never really bothered using the service because if I have done my shopping there then we have a car to transport it home. Today I gave in and let them deliver it. Still not sure I'm a fan but I hate to think of people losing working hours because I haven't used it.

Tomorrow we have a birthday in the house. DD was offered a meal out to celebrate but has declined in favour of a Chinese takeaway, a homemade apple crisp for pudding and a bit of binge watching of our new box set of Game of Thrones.
Sounds good to me.

Friday I will be looking after the girls all day while DDIL is at work. I have asked for the car seat so that we can take them out as I don't think my sanity will survive hours and hours of Bounce Patrol which Marlowe loves but Ganma doesn't...lol.

Then there will be just one more weekend to get through before I get the house back to myself on Monday.
I am looking forward to a good clean up and some menu planning.

Hope you are all having a great day today.
Sheila-x-

6 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to DD! I'd love a shop like that for veg but we have to wait until the farmer's market opens again in the late spring. I shall make sure I use it more this year! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shame about your veg shop, I would much prefer to buy my veg loose from a market stall or greengrocer. I have just done a menu plan for two weeks.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't know that about Iceland either. No greengrocers round here. Happy birthday to daughter, Chinese takeaway sounds good, can't remember the last time we had one of those.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Helloooo lovely lovely Sheila x Enjoy the Chinese x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Our nearest greengrocer trades from a brick outbuilding, everything is near to frozen in winter and half cooked in summer. I have never been into Iceland, there is one in Ammanford but I prefer to shop in the other smaller town of Pontardawe. We have made a start on putting Christmas away and will finish tomorrow, each room is getting a full on clean as we clear it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didn't know that about Iceland - lots of people here get their shopping delivered from there. So that's a good thing, especially if you don't have a car.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-