Pages

Followers

Saturday 5 January 2019

....And Breathe!!!

Well that was a busy couple of days.
Thursday....baking a birthday cake, visitors and a little Ruby shaped person who decided she wanted to stay at Gandma's so that she could have Chinese for Tea.

Friday....up very early to prepare a picnic and down to The Doodles by 8:30 am to take over the childminding duties for the day....and a visit to a play barn where I discovered that Marlowe is actually a Ninja baby. She nearly gave me a heart attack chucking herself about on everything and I was rather glad when we left.
Back to Ganma's to eat our picnic as it was too cold to eat it out and too cramped in the car to have a car picnic.

This morning the house has been stripped of it's Christmas finery and all the corners have been vacuumed free of glitter. I will start and wash down the skirting boards etc.
Tea tonight will be cheese and crackers to use up the rest of the cheese wheel and some of the pickles and then tomorrow I will do a good old Sunday lunch to set my pair up for going back to work on Monday.
It seems to have been a really long holiday this time.

Hope you are all having a good weekend.
Sheila-x-

10 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I'm hoping it will slow down a little so that I can make my plans for the year. I've not even thought about that yet.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  2. Welcome back! Hasn't it been cold? I was happy to see a frost-free lawn thus morning.
    It's a weird mash-up of meals this weekend, got to have an empty fridge by Monday! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vix. Yes it's been cold here too.
      Some weird stuff going on here with regard to meals too although there isn't much to use up now.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  3. Sounds like it's been a busy time! I bet you will be glad when things get back to 'normal'. I was certainly glad on Wednesday when the house was quiet again. I enjoy having people home, but I also enjoy the peace and quiet. Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Normal sounds really good to me Sharon. I like my peace and quiet too.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  4. You seem to have been busy sheila , we are having the rest of the turkey tomorrow for lunch then the christmas pudding for our tea even though we have so much food over christmas there is only so much you can eat at one time xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I have been rather busy so will look forward to a bit of peace this next week.
      Christmas food is just about gone now but we do seem to have a lot of crackers for cheese left.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  5. Christmas has gone into hibernation in this house too and I have been declttering craft stash for days and days. Gradually getting the house back to calm order and will start my new book tonight-second one this year! Enjoy your cheese and biscuits tea-we had something similar last night with fruit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The house looks really bare now but clean and tidy. I was glad to put it all away.
      Tea was really nice for a change from a cooked meal.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-