Pages

Followers

Wednesday 23 January 2019

Afternoon Tea!!!

The girls and I had a smashing time on their visit yesterday and today I will be repeating it with just Ruby on her weekly after school visit. She wasn't giving that up just because she had already been once this week....lol.
Today the request was for Afternoon Tea.....as in tiny sandwiches, scones with jam and cream and chocolate cake so I have been busy in the kitchen this morning getting everything ready for her. I have really enjoyed my little baking session and would have liked to make a couple more things but guess who forgot to pick up eggs when she went to the supermarket last night....duh......so I only had enough for the cake with a few left to boil for the requested egg and cress sandwiches.
All that's left to do is my least favourite job of buttering the bread ready to be made up with it's fillings and I have to go and find the teapot and a milk jug.....she likes things done proper does my Ruby...lol.

Hope you are all enjoying your day.
Sheila-x-


7 comments:

  1. Oh yum, I do love a proper old fashioned afternoon tea served on nice china.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have an Andy Sooze so nice china doesn't figure much in our meal times....lol. He can break things just by looking at them.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  2. Lovely! Your granddaughter is going to have such wonderful memories.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun, I am a great fan of afternoon tea.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-