Pages

Followers

Tuesday 29 January 2019

What A Horrible Day!!!

It's absolutely vile outside outside today. It started off dry but it's now grey and chucking it down with rain. There is a warning for snow later this afternoon but it won't settle on top of that wet which I am glad about as I have to pop out after tea.

Inside all is warm and toasty and there is a lovely smell of minced beef and onions cooking in gravy ready for a cottage pie for tea tomorrow. Jobs are pretty much done so I think a nice quiet hour watching something on catch up or You Tube with a nice cup of tea will just do nicely.
Last night I watched a wonderful documentary about Hannah Hauxwell. I did watch the programmes about her years ago but it was good to watch it again.
I am also watching Vlogs by Curiosity Incorporated which are absolutely fascinating. He has recently purchased a hoarders house in Canada and he is filming as he clears the house. The stuff he is finding is amazing. Once it is cleared I am hoping for videos as he and his family renovate the property.

Right....the kettle is going on 😃

Have a lovely day.
Sheila-x-

7 comments:

  1. I will also be making a lovely cottage pie today as I sit out a really bad winter storm.
    I thought your readers might like to see what a winter storm in Canada looks like so here is a link to the news from last night. And yes, we are to get more snow today!

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BywmmeWUub4

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my word that looks scary.
      Here in the Midlands of the UK we don't seem to get very much snow at all.
      Stay safe and warm.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  2. Pretty foul here too, I wouldn't put a dog out in it. My dogs have no such finer feelings and I have been wet twice and am about to make it a hat trick. That's a wet hat of course.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Other countries must think we're daft here, we just don't cope with snow very well at all do we? And we get a lot less than some other countries.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We had snow overnight and then it has snow on and off all morning. Unfortunately it is so old that it is iced over, I am so glad that we don't need to leave the house.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We had snow overnight and the it melted. Cold mowcso roads will be very slippy. Chicken stir fry tonight-yum.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think our weather is the same as yours. It's flippin awful. I think I would stay in by the fire if I were you.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-