Pages

Followers

Monday 21 January 2019

The Last Few Days!!!

Friday evening we had some snow. Big fat fluffy flakes.
They looked beautiful but alas they didn't settle as the ground was a little wet.

Saturday was wardrobe delivery and building day. It arrived early which I was pleased about and the building went fairly smoothly despite working in a tight space.
We had a little trouble with the doors but that was soon sorted by a little sideways thinking and we were done and dusted just after lunch time.
I am loving all the extra storage space.

Sunday we decided to go out for lunch and although the meal was lovely as always the restaurant was cold with an awful draught in the corner where we sat. I was chilled right down to my bones and it was tea time before I got warm again.
The usual Sunday night viewing of Dancing on Ice and Call The Midwife. I am not enjoying either of them very much to be honest although I think that is due more to my low mood at the moment rather than the programmes themselves.

Today I am having a bit of time in the kitchen. We are having Bungit for tea which is a family favourite. Chicken with various additions......just bung it in and see what it tastes like.
Not something that be exactly repeated as I can never remember what I've put in it....lol.
Once that is done I may well be having a nanna nap this afternoon as I have been up since 5am after a restless night.

Hope you all have a lovely day today.
Sheila-x-

14 comments:

  1. I am renaming 'Fridge Friday'... it from now on will be known as Bungit. Hope you are warm today. It's blimmin freezing out

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay...Bungit Day.
      I was cold all day yesterday and it doesn't look like it will be much better today.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  2. Glad you managed to get the wardrobe built with no real dramas. Not sure that would have been the case here. Hopefully you're not sickening for something if you are not yourself...put your feet up and keep warm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm surprised MM because if there is one flat pack in thousands of them that has faulty bits in it then it will usually find it's way to my house.
      Not sickening for anything I don't think. Still very sad at losing Smudge and we are still waiting for his ashes to come home.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  3. I like the idea of Bungit ... will have to add that to my repertoire! lol. Be glad you’re not here in southern Ontario today. The thermomter reads -21C but with the windchill it feels like -33C. And we’ve still got loads of snow on the ground! Brr. Cheers from Nanny Anny in Canada.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Bungit we had last night was soooo tasty.
      Now that is cold. As much as Winter is my favourite season I'm not sure how I would cope with that.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  4. Sorry you are feeling down Sheila but are cracking on with your storage. My DH and daughter put together a wardrobe from the Swedish place which had been meausured about 79 times so that it would fit the space. I heard a yell as it was being put upright and watched with trepidation as it took all the wee bumps off the artexed ceiling!! Great storage space and I hate that artex anyway!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm just missing Smudge Catriona.
      Our wardrobe was from A***s and I am still in shock that it went together without any problems.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  5. Hope your weather improves soon, it is cold here in Missouri also. Hope your low mood decides to up and move out with the cold weather too. XXXXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a bit brighter today Maureen but still very cold.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  6. Oh Sheila...hope that vest was tucked in! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think that the dark days, late sunrise and early sunsets have dragged many of us down a bit. The days are drawing out a little, I am really in need of some long bright days again. Although that sunshine will reach into many of the dark and distant corners with pointy fingers seeking out dust and the odd web.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'd like to get out in the garden but I think I'll wait until it's warmed up a bit.
    Hugs-x-

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-