Pages

Followers

Tuesday 2 October 2018

What Is Going On?!!!

I had to go out and do a bit of a top up shop last night and pick up a couple of things for the store cupboard and freezer so I went into T***o for quickness. The shelves were so bare that I'm sure I could have been forgiven for thinking they were closing down....honestly it was that bad.
Salad aisle.....empty, frozen fish freezer....empty and fresh fish chiller.....empty. The yellow sticker veg section has disappeared and I know it was there the other day as I picked up some packs of celery for soup making.
I'll be popping in again on Wednesday so we'll see what it's like then.

No windows cleaned yesterday as I got sidetracked by glue and glitter and I'm not doing them today as it's cold and windy out there. They'll be done before the weekend.

Up until now I have spent the morning in the kitchen putting up the red cabbage and making a huge pot of beef and four bean chilli. I think we'll have some for tea tonight and then the rest can be boxed up in portions for DD and Andy's pack ups. DD says it's getting quite chilly now when she is at work so the salads are getting knocked on the head in favour of something warm when she goes in for her lunch.

After a disturbed night I am feeling quite tired today so I think I am going to make myself a cup of tea and go and have a sit on the sofa. I very rarely use the living room during the day but half an hour with my feet up sounds pretty good right now.

Hope you are all having a a great day.
Sheila-x-

14 comments:

  1. It's like that sometimes at my local supermarket. Perhaps a delivery truck didn't come in? It's dull and grey here again. I think I'll try to get into the craft room and find my mojo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know Tesco are drastically reducing the number of lines they carry but it was quite shocking to see so many empty areas.
      Hope you find your craft mojo soon.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  2. Perhaps there was a report of bad weather, that usually empties the shelves. Our Tesco moves the yellow sticker section around on a regular basis.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our YS section had just gone Pam. I looked everywhere as I like to see if they have any bags of kale for the guinea pigs.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  3. Morrisons shelves were pretty empty on Monday too. I don't know what's going on but it's a bit worrying if items are not getting through even before bad weather sets in or could it be Brexit?? Lol we blame it for everything!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I expect next time we go all of the space will be filled with Christmas stuff.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  4. Its like that here when the ferry is not running, not supplies today due to the wind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I eventually got the salad stuff I needed but DD said it was still very bare last night.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  5. If they are anything like Coop, then they don't have enough staff to keep the shelves stocked and on the tills. It is catch 22, because in my local Coop, all the staff are so fed up, there is a mass exodus...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suppose we don't really know what goes on behind the scenes but it's frustrating none the less.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  6. The chocolate aisle...was that ok? Priorities! Hope you enjoyed the feet up! Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes....there is chocolate up to the rafters with all the Christmas stuff going out. Doesn't really go very well with mushy peas though...lol.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  7. Hope you managed to get some rest and felt better after your rather tasty sounding tea xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-