Pages

Followers

Friday 5 October 2018

It's A Grey Old Day!!!

It's a very grey and still day here in our little corner of Staffordshire. There's a slight chill in the air but nothing too bad so I will be out doing the windows today.
I don't mind doing the windows it's the wiping away of the daddy long legs corpses and the spider webs from the sills that freaks me out. Thank gawd for Marigolds so at least I don't have to touch them.

Jimminy Cricut has been pulled from under the bed and bought downstairs ready for my leaf cutting session later and I will finally be using the pack of Autumn coloured card stock  bought from Michael's in New York nearly five years ago and I am very glad that I still have it as good card stock is quite hard to find around here and not something I would order online as I like to see and feel it before I buy it.

DDIL and I are meeting at the party venue on Monday to decide on the tables we are going to use so that we can then get some idea of how we will set them out and I will get to have a nosey at the new kitchen that has been refitted since the last time we used the hall as that will be my domain for the evening...lol.
It's all getting very exciting now.

For today though it's back to the more mundane as those windows won't do themselves will they?

Have a wonderful day.
Sheila-x-


16 comments:

  1. It's grey and wet here. Hoping for some weekend sunshine. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have the rain today so hopefully you have some better weather for the weekend.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  2. Not great weather here either. I love organising parties-last one was nearly four years ago for my own 65th-lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love doing parties. My most favourite was Ruby's Frozen party a few years ago.
      I don't like parties for myself though and have never had a birthday party.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  3. I sae the weather forecast this morning that showed the southern half bathed in sunshine. They Was Wrong. Gloomy and damp here today. I don't mind the corpses but hate cleaning windows.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We'll have to do a job swap Pam. You come and clean away all me corpses and I'll come and clean your windows :)
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  4. I don't mind spiders at all, unless they are big and hairy and scuttle under the settee. Then I can't rest until it is caught in a glass and put outside. I don't want them climbing on me for a 'cuddle', lol.
    The weather here in East Devon has been beautiful all day apart from a bit of mist first thing. We went to Sidmouth this afternoon and there were a few people in shorts and t shirts, not many people with coats on. A lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh Joan I hate the little beggars. Eight legs is just wrong on anything....lol.
      The grey skies have been with us for a couple of days here in the Midlands and today it is raining.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  5. The windows are in desperate need of cleaning, but my shoulder is giving me gyp so they can stay dirty for a little while longer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You rest that shoulder. The windows will still be there when it's better.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  6. So did you get those windows done? I pottered in the front garden, while DH cut the hedges so we could get down the path to the bottom of the garden. I didn't work all the time, my next door neighbour was loading her car for the Antiques market tomorrow, so we chatted for a while, which was nice. So as usual I didn't do a lot, you are like how I was 20 years ago, these days I don't have regular days to do things, but bumble along. We keep clean because we have a cleaner!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Chris....well yes I surprised myself and actually got the windows washed and the wood trim round the flat roof. I was in the domestic goddess zone yesterday...lol.
      I must admit my routine is getting looser and looser by the day. The little jobs get done daily but the big jobs get done when I feel like doing them.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  7. My windows need doing, but first it has to stop raining, and we've had a lot of rain since mid-July!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine got done and today it is thrashing down with rain...grrrrr!!!
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  8. It's horrible and rainy here today. I hope it cheers up for the weekend but it's not looking good. I hate cleaning windows. Our old windows (dining room and kitchen large ones) had individual panes of glass - I want to say at least 25/30 in each one. We just got them replaced and no more little squares to clean!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh good grief....25/30 little panes in each window? I think I would have to start a trend of mucky windows. I bet it's lovely not having to do them any more.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-