Pages

Followers

Tuesday 16 October 2018

Happy Days!!!

I'm a bit later blogging today as I woke up with another excess of energy this morning and I cracked on with some housework as soon as I got up which is just not like me.
The kitchen got some attention and managed to stay clean and tidy until Andy got up. Now there is spilt tea and water all over one worktop which I will go and wipe up shortly as he never does.
The turkey mince is still in the freezer as I forgot to take it out last night so they will get done tomorrow.

Still no heating. The company the plumber spoke to about the faulty thermostat hadn't got back to him by teatime yesterday and I have heard nothing so far today.
The fluffy socks and hot water bottles are out and the sofa blankets are in use. I just hope it doesn't take too long.

I was hoping to have Ruby for tea on Thursday this week so that we could take her to the garden centre's Christmas Open Evening but forgot That Thursday is Brownie night. Instead she is staying over again on Friday night and DD and I will take her up for breakfast on Saturday morning. I want her to see the amazing miniature Christmas village set up they have this year. Usually they just display their Lemax pieces on a shelf with one out of it's box and working but this year they have an absolutely gorgeous set up. I am entranced by it and I think Ruby will be too.. I'll try and take some photos.

Cold as it is today we are just having a salad for tea. Nice and quick as I need to go to The Range tonight for a couple of things.

I hope you are having a lovely day.
Sheila-x-

16 comments:

  1. I have been up to my armpits in the sewing room. Furniture has been shuffled, hooks have gone up (they now hold my fixed circular needles all labelled). The ironing has been done, aired and put away. I seem to have gained some floor space and found a stack of project bags that were hiding in plain sight. I managed to get the dogs out for a decent walk and am now basking in the glow of my achievements. Knitting on one side, tea on the other.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to get my sewing room back Pam. Currently it looks like a jar recycling factory.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  2. What a lovely treat for Ruby to look forward to. I always wish I had an Aunt and Grandma to spoil me when I read what you and DD do with her :)

    We popped into a garden centre a couple of weeks ago near the van and they were just setting up their Christmas displays. The area they were using was huge so I'm definitely going back next week to have a look. Hope you're all well. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love being able to do nice things with Ruby and she loves surprises so I won't tell her what we are doing until we snuggle up in bed on Friday night.

      Our garden centre has drastically cut down on their Christmas display area. When I used to work there it took over nearly the whole place. They do have some very nice stuff though.

      I hope all is well at No 38.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  3. How is it that men cannot make a cup of tea or wash the pots without getting water everywhere!? X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Andy can't even sit still without making a mess Jules....lol.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  4. Bet he can't compete with what my plonker did last weekend though!! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read your post Jackie and the spilt tea and water does seem quite tame in comparison.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  5. Tell me about the puddles of tea and abandoned teaspoons next to the kettle. If Jon ever became a serial killer he'd be captured in no time, you can always see what he's been up to by the trail of devastation in his wake! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had two friends here sewing today and they made quite a few christmas gifts. My job was to cut out, trim and press their work. Great chat and they went home happy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds just lovely Catriona.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  7. Sounds like an amazing display, even better I imagine when shared with Ruby.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to see her little face when she sees it.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  8. I'd like to steal some of that excess energy, Sheila. Bet Ruby will love the Christmas display.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know where it comes from Sooze but feel free to help yourself...lol.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-