Pages

Followers

Wednesday 24 October 2018

No Fire, No Problem!!!

Much as I love the oil fired heating for it's cleanliness I must admit that I do miss having a fire in the living room So over the last few weeks I have been collecting things for our fireplace to try and replace the glow of a comforting fire.........


......and I am loving LED candles.


They flicker gently, they are nice and clean and they save my scented candles as I now only have one burning on a side table.

Since I started seeing the TV adverts asking people to Brave The Shave for the Macmillan Nurses I have said that I would do it if the opportunity arose and so on November 7th along with DD and some of her work colleagues I am doing just that.
Short hair doesn't suit me so gawd knows what I will look like with a shaved head but I don't really care as it is for such a good cause.

.....and for Sharon.....this is the carpet cleaner recipe I used....

https://happymoneysaver.com/homemade-carpet-cleaning-solution/

I had to tweak mine a little as I didn't have Tide sachets....I cut open two of my laundry pods. I also didn't have the Astonish cleaner so substituted Flash floor cleaner and I reduced the amount of water to six pints.
It really does a good job. The rug I cleaned yesterday looks like new.

Today I am tidying the fridge and making tomato sauce before I clear the sewing table ready for the next lot of party crafting.....making teeny tiny pumpkins for the cup cakes. I probably won't start them until the weekend but at least I will have the room to start.

Have a wonderful day.
Sheila-x-

16 comments:

  1. How cute, tiny pumpkins, I hope we get to see the finished products. It’s nice to have a cosy glow isn’t it, my daughter loves using the led candles xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know Cheryl....I just hope they do turn out cute and not scary...lol.
      I'm a total convert to the LED candles.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  2. My friend did the shave last month Sheila and she has saved a fortune on hair colouring since. Looking forward to seeing the cakes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really looking forward to it Catriona.
      The cakes will be done as close to the day as possible (next Saturday 3rd Nov) but photos will definitely be taken.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  3. It looks so lovely, where did the stags come from?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Marlene....the stags came from the Christmas department at The Range. I think they were £18.99.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  4. It looks beautiful Sheila, such a good idea to have LED lights it certainly creates the same atmosphere. Good for you having your head shaved I must admit I am not that brave.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww....thank you MM.
      I don't know as I am really brave but hey ho...we'll give it a go...lol.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  5. I love the LED candles too. They are so life-life with the flickering flame. I use them for everything. You are a brave woman to shave your head. I'm sure you'll look just as beautiful with no hair, because its your caring heart that people will see shining through.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a lovely thing to say Theresa. Thank you.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  6. The fireplace looks lovely and cosy Sheila.
    And I have every admiration for you getting your hair shaved. Is there a sponsorship page? X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jules it is very cosy.
      I will post the link to the donation page today.How lovely of you to ask.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  7. Yay go Sheila 😊 I too have admiration for you braving the shave.My OH did it a couple of years ago after beating cancer himself.He did say it was an easier decision for men that already have short hair.So before the shave he had his hair bright green for a week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Chris.
      WOW....go your husband for dying his hair green and well done to him for beating cancer.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  8. That's admirable and very brave to get your head shaved!
    The fireplace by candlelight looks lovely. Yes, candles and real fires make a right old mess as i can testify - luckily both Jon and I are domestic slatterns so we can live with it! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that fireplace Sheila. It looks so inviting and cosy. Can't wait to see the shaved head you really are brave. I have scars all over my head... went through a car windscreen when I was a kid and only broke my leg... Lucky to be alive apparently :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-