Pages

Followers

Thursday 11 October 2018

Idiot!!!

I know maths wasn't my strong point at school but any idiot with an ounce of sense could work out that a party on November 3rd is actually three weeks away and not two as I had convinced myself.
Honestly....there is no hope for me.

Another job ticked off the list. I actually got the kitchen windows and frames scrubbed yesterday. It's a job I tend to put off sometimes as it's a bit of a task. The windows are a long way from the steps I have to stand on being beyond a worktop and a wide sill. I don't feel awfully safe doing them.
The curtains came down and are staying down. They are very old and they are never closed. Basically they are just dust and grease catchers.
As they are nice wide curtains they will be used as windscreen covers through the Winter should we get any bad weather.

There are just a couple of jobs left to do now that Andy has gone to work and then I am going to have a bit of an indulgent afternoon bath to make myself all nice and sparkly clean. DD is taking me out for tea today so I had better scrub up.

Have a wonderful day.
Sheila-x-

11 comments:

  1. Once you get an idea of something in your head, it just sticks. At least you have an extra week to prepare.
    Enjoy your meal out. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I felt a right twit though Jules when I realised....lol.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  2. You must have been a Guide to "be prepared" in record time. I have been known to do things like that, all too often. There is such a feeling of satisfaction as you cross all the jobs off. I will be doing much the same from Monday as I haven't done much this week at all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How did you guess? Yes I was a guide.
      The big job list is getting smaller by the day but I'm sure more will added.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  3. Ooh... an indulgent bath and tea out...wicked woman indeed! I'm now nearly nodding off over the keyboard after quite a day...however we've decided that evening meals will be at 7:30 from now on to accommodate my new working hours rather than keep changing the time. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does actually feel quite wicked Jackie as it's normally a quick bath and then bed.
      I'd love for us to eat later but Andy is a stickler for his tea at 5pm.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  4. I finally did the windows today too, they have been on the list for a long time. I just kept finding excuses not to do them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope your shoulder held out for the window cleaning.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  5. A word of caution. I am recovering from falling backwards down my stairs and breaking my tibia in 8 places. The pain has been worse than childbirth. I am now in week 8 of a 12 week recovery,after surgery. If you feel unsafe, you probably are. Moving along, I enjoy reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Billie I am so sorry that you are in pain. Falling downstairs is my worst nightmare.
      It's lovely to know that you enjoy my blog.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  6. I don't even understand how I stopped up right here, however I thought this submit used to be great. I do not know who you're however definitely you're going to a famous blogger in case you are not already. Cheers!
    บาคาร่า

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-