Pages

Followers

Monday 29 October 2018

A Sitting Down Job!!!

Ooooh me aching legs.
I feel like I have been on my feet all weekend.
Saturday was spent walking all around Bridgemere and Trentham and then a mad rush around T***o to pick up some veg for tea and some cake making stuff I needed.
Sunday was spent bending, stretching, pulling and pushing as I shampooed carpets and cleaned the bathroom so I think I have had pretty much enough exercise to keep me going for a month.....lol.
Today then I will be mostly sitting down and finishing off the pumpkins for the cupcakes which I started yesterday along with bobbing up and down to see to loads of laundry.

We had the most lovely experience in the Lakeland shop at Bridgemere. When I walked in from outside I was absolutely freezing and the greeter asked me if I was OK and would I like a hot drink. I jokingly told her that I was fine but I would come back in just over a week to take her up the offer when I had got my head shaved as I would be even colder then. We got talking then about her husband who has skin cancer and she called over another lady who's daughter has trained to be a nurse in Oncology.
Anyway to cut a long story short....they very kindly made a donation for us to add to the collection when we go down to be shorn next Wednesday and took our photograph to put into the internal newsletter.
What lovely, lovely people.

Well I had best go and get on.
I hope you all have a fabulous week.
My blogging and visiting may be a bit sketchy this week as I have loads to do to get ready for the weekend.
Sheila-x-

6 comments:

  1. What a lovely gesture of the staff members. As if a visit to a Lakeland store wasn't a great experience already (so much temptation). Put your feet up and have a rest. You deserve to. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely experience! Just goes to show that there are good people in the world. Sometimes we just need a little reminder. Sounds like you deserve to put your feet up - though no rest sounds in the near future!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a busy weekend, you deserve to put your feet up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blimey Sheila, you are brave...I hope it doesn't get too cold right after your locks have been removed. Don't peak before the party! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh carpet cleaning... something I need to do once summer is here! REst up Chick,.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh you are brave shaving your head , Will you be posting pictures xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-