Pages

Followers

Thursday 4 October 2018

The Day Ran Away & Ruby Makes Tea!!!

I don't know what happened to yesterday but it went by in a flash and it wasn't until very late last night that I realised that I hadn't written a blog post. I couldn't even tell you what I did all day to be honest but there you go....another sign of old age creeping in I expect....lol.

What I can tell you is that there was a visit from Miss Doodle and she had requested a Feta cheese salad for tea with a mint dressing. She wanted to help but first she wanted to get out of her school uniform and into one of Ganma's t shirts as she always does and then we set to........


She loved crumbling the cheese and I don't know if it was just because she made the salad but she wolfed hers down and declared it so yummy.

Dessert was Greek yoghurt with honey, fresh raspberries and a crushed biscuit topping.........


.....really delicious.

I just realised that she didn't put her order in for next week so I might do a cottage pie.

Some more jars have been collected for decorating for the party so I will probably get onto those today and fetch the Cricut down tomorrow to get the leaves done. Once they are finished they can be boxed up and that's a job done.

There is some chicken marinading in Cajun spices for tea tonight and some salad left to go with it so another nice easy day in the kitchen.

Thanks for dropping by.....and have a lovely day.
Sheila-x-

8 comments:

  1. How nice to prepare meals together, she is certainly growing up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She loves helping.....and she doesn't even have to stand on a chair any more. How did that happen?
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  2. It's great when children show an interest in cooking. I wish Thomas would eat something as delicious and healthy as a feta cheese salad. The dessert sounds delicious, especially with the biscuit topping. Hope you are all keeping well at Tea Towel Mansion. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's always liked being in the kitchen with me.
      It's been a battle but she is gradually eating more different things now. The salad was requested as they have been doing a project on Ancient Greece and they tried Greek food in one of their lessons.
      We are all well here Suzanne as I hope you all are at No 38.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-