Pages

Followers

Tuesday 9 October 2018

A Bonus Day!!!

Today I have one of those rare days when Andy and DD both went to work early this morning and I have the house to myself.
Andy should be on an afternoon shift but today they are having what they call a safety day so he had to be there for 8am and will finish at 4pm. Plenty of time to get things done with no-one under my feet and no lunch to cook.
Not that I am doing anything terribly exciting but the kitchen curtains need washing and the window and frames need a good scrub. There is also a pan of homemade garbage soup in the fridge that needs portioning up for the freezer.....four packs of yellow sticker celery, a couple of onions and a pack of stir fry veg from the bottom of the freezer and some stock. It's very tasty.

We watched the last of Lucifer last night and managed one episode of Vikings. Lucifer was quite disappointing and messy. I don't think we'll bother with it if they make another series.

Despite a good start Smudge has decided that he doesn't like the food from the vet after all and we had to go back to his old food yesterday else he wouldn't have eaten anything all day so back to square one we go.

Cumberland sausage swirls for tea tonight with some veg. I'm sure they will be extra tasty as I picked them up reduced in Iceland a few weeks ago....lol.

Well have a lovely day. It's quite chilly here today but the sky is blue and the sun is shining.

Sheila-x-

3 comments:

  1. An empty house is great when it comes to getting those chores done. Nobody getting under your feet. It's these rare occasions I end up rushing around trying to get everything done before chaos ensues once more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's been a glorious sunny day here. A real 'laundry day' kind of day. I hope you made a little relaxing time for yourself Sheila.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pouring with rain for the second day and there has been some flooding. I’m still sewing the bags but now trying to vary it with some small tree decorations.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-