Pages

Followers

Wednesday 17 October 2018

Waiting!!!

I was so cold last night that I decided against going out and had a hot bath and snuggled under a blanket on the sofa instead.
Winter PJ's, fluffy socks and a hot water bottle kept me lovely and toasty when I went to bed and I had a fairly good night's sleep but got up this morning with the nasty zig zag migraine warning in my eye.
I am just waiting to see if it turns into the full blown headache.....hopefully it won't.

Also waiting for delivery of the new thermostat which the plumber has ordered. Ninety flippin' quid for a little white box. This one had better last a bit longer than eighteen months.

.....and waiting for the delivery of my order from a cake decorating company of some of the things I need for the birthday cupcakes including a new cupcake stand as ours has developed a distinct wobble.

My burst of energy yesterday seems to have pretty much seen off the job list for now so I think today may just be a lazy pottering day until it's time to cook tea. I'm not going looking for jobs to do....lol.

It doesn't look too bad outside today......there may even be a bit of sun.
Have a lovely day.
Sheila-x-

12 comments:

  1. I hope the migraine doesn't materialise, and that your expensive little white box arrives!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The migraine came and is still here unfortunately Sooze.
      No sign of the little white box.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  2. I've been marvelling at the temperatures we've experienced in Essex. Yesterday was 21. I still have the summer quilt on the bed. Long may it continue.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Golly....I wish it was 21 here. I am absolutely frozen.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  3. Hope the migraine didn't develop. Och that was an expensive thermostat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh it did MM and I still have it....horrible thing.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  4. Well hope you didn't just need to press a few buttons together in a certain sequence like we did. Ninety quid for a piece of plastic and a few bits of metal. Robbed I say! Woodburner has been lit her the past few evenings as even with the background heat of the Aga sitting after tea we get chilly. Perhaps you did too much yesterday and that is why you got the zig zag stripes and things. It's what I always get when I'm beyond tired. Then I have to give in and rest because I can't see. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are no buttons to press on the thermostat unit Jackie. Yes I feel robbed. The unit is guaranteed for twelve months and we have had ours eighteen months so we have to pay.
      I got three lots of the zig zags yesterday but no headache until late on and then it hit me like a ton of bricks and is still here.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  5. Hopefully the migraine didn't develop. I get those nasty zig zags too. The weather is unseasonably warm so it is odd that the nights are really drawing in now. Wrap up warm and have a lazy day Sheila. They are often the best sort. A good book, some gentle music and a nice cup of tea.... bliss....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be having a quiet day today Cherie as the headache arrived last night and is still here.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  6. Hope you feel better soon and take Cherie's advice. I hope to have a little watk and tidy us in my sewing room.
    Hazel c uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be taking Cherie's advice today Hazel as I am feeling pretty rough.
      Enjoy your walk.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-