Pages

Followers

Thursday 30 August 2018

It's Still Here!!!

The energy surge is still with me and I have to say it is rather great to be able to get so much done without wilting.
I'm sure it has more to do with it being a bit cooler than it has been than anything else.

This morning I have spatchcocked a chicken and cooked it with lime, garlic and parsley butter. It is now cooling for DD and I to have with salad for tea. Andy has been fed chilli and rice and four portions have been frozen for pack ups.
The washing up and kitchen tidying are done and I am just having five minutes before I get the painting things out again and add another coat to the walls. Once that is done I'll be a bit stuck until the weekend as there will be some heavy furniture shifting to be done. I could have done it on my own when I was younger but not now.

Shopping done last night but I think I am just about done with T***o. Every week I go there are always several items on my list that they have run out of or have stopped stocking. I can no longer buy the larger bottles of Heinz 30% less fat salad cream from there. Last night they had none of their own brand butter and it won't be in until Friday and it looks like they have stopped selling their own brand battered haddock....I can't abide fish in breadcrumbs but apparently that is all I can have now.
I will either shop at Asda or wait until a weekend and go into the big town to Morrison's.

Sewing is on the back burner for the moment and I am missing it. There is a dress to finish and a quilt to finish for a Christmas present but I really want to get this decorating done now so that will be what I am doing mostly until it is finished.

Hoping that you are all having a great day.
Sheila-x-

6 comments:

  1. I envy you. Its still so hot and muggy here you really don't have energy to do a thing. I can't wait for cooler weather.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucky you! I really wish my spark would return. Until then, I am trying to do little bits at a time.
    I've found our local supermarket rather lacking recently. It can be frustrating at times seeing those empty shelves. X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Send me some of whatever you've got, Sheila - my energy levels have been depleted for...well, weeks! lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those energy surges and can get loads done when they hit me. I love the sound of your spatchcock chicken. Mine will be rosemary and garlic tomorrow. I can't eat lime as it cripples me

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good for you for getting a spurt on...I should make the most of it whilst it lasts!! Two weeks off and not even a paintbrush held by me :( x

    ReplyDelete
  6. When you're done with all that energy can you send some this way? I could use a dose ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-