Pages

Followers

Friday 3 August 2018

What A Brilliant Day!!!

A few months ago I started looking at wallpaper online to get an idea of the kind of thing I wanted. I must have looked at hundreds of styles and colours but I kept going back to one in particular that I really loved.........


So yesterday our first stop was The Range. First aisle, top right hand corner....and there it was. It took us less than two minutes to decide that it was what we wanted.
Next I had a look at curtains and found a pattern and colour I liked but I wanted eyelet tops and they only had them in tape top so Andy suggested we go over to Dunelm which was very brave of him as the traffic in that area at the moment is horrendous due to some road works. 
Anyhoo....curtains found.........


and purchased along with a new curtain pole and back out into the dreadful traffic.
We took a breather at the pub on the way home so Andy got his well deserved pint.

Back home I sorted out the green beans and we now have several bags in the freezer to use when we want them.

Today Andy is out sloshing his preservative on the picket fence across the bottom of the back garden and I am just pottering before I tidy off the table and get some sewing done.

Hope you all have a lovely day today.
Sheila-x-

13 comments:

  1. That is one very classy looking scene Sheila...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the look of those. A productive day was had. X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the wallpaper!
    We used to have some lovely wallpaper in our kitchen - lots of chickens and eggs. However once the sons got to teenage years, the jokes became too much so off it came! (I'll let you guess some of the remarks!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mrs.
      They can be very cheeky teenage sons can't they? Lol.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  4. Lovely choices Sheila. Weather here is so clammy that I am exhausted and demotivated. Must try to gee myself up and get some housework done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Catriona.
      Very clammy here too. So much to do and not an ounce of energy to do anything with.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  5. I have the same curtains in the grey colourway in my bedroom. LOVE the wallpaper, its worth all the effort to do the research on line prior to going, certainly saves a lot of time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw the grey curtains and loved them but I wanted the little splash of red and they are going to look wonderful.
      It really was worth the online browsing to get an idea of what I wanted.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  6. Wow, I love the new curtains and wallpaper. I'm usually so indecisive that the ones I finally decide upon get sold out. I never learn ...lol.. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here...lol. I'm surprised I got what I wanted.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  7. Oh wow! That looks lovely wallpaper...and good choice of curtains too...same as eldest daughter has in her dining room. Good luck with the revamp. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-