Pages

Followers

Tuesday 21 August 2018

Happy Days!!!

Well Miss Ruby is in the house and with her arriving early yesterday we were able to go out for a few hours....only to do some food shopping but it was lovely.
Pocket money from Grandad was spent on a couple of toys from the charity shop and I also got a couple of bargains....two brand new kilner jars for 99p each and a brand new cookie cup making pan for 99p which Ruby and I are going to be trying out tomorrow. It makes little cups which can be filled with ice cream and fruit or you can put two together with a little icing and hide surprises in them. I'm not sure I will use it a lot but it's a fun thing for us to do.

We had a snuggly night watching films and then she was asleep as soon as her head hit the pillow.....and so was Ganma....lol.

Today she has gone for a little shufty into Derby with Aunty DD and I'm sure she will return thoroughly spoiled and happy.
While they are out I am catching up on a bit of laundry which didn't get done yesterday and some tidying up before I make a chicken curry for our evening meal.

Busy but very happy days and I love the change of routine when we have Ruby here. It's almost like having a holiday myself.

Hope you are all having a happy day today.
Sheila-x-

8 comments:

  1. The cookie cup things sound intriguing...I can't resist a killer bargain got myself a dear little strawberry shaped one for jam! I'm not even thinking about the 450 jam jars Inhave for such an occasion in the garage!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to love messing around in the kitchen with my Grandma as a little girl, Ruby's going to have so much fun! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy times indeed, sounds like fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sheila, you are creating such lovely memories for Ruby.. she is a lucky little girl.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you're having a great time with Ruby! Treasure those times, they grow so fast!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I’m sure Ruby will look back on her childhood days with you with such love and want to recreate them herself for her children and grandchildren. Enjoy the rest of your holiday xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wonder if your DIL is going to Dublin for the same purpose as my 88 year old friend? Theye are setting of tomorrow on a 4 day pilgrimage which she is so looking forward to despite the vast amounts of walking involved. You sound as if you are having a super time with your young visitor.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-