Pages

Followers

Monday 13 August 2018

Still At It!!!

I am so sorry I haven't blogged over the weekend but oh my word removing this paper from the chimney breast wall is proving to be a long hard job.
I don't know what paste I used to put it up in the first place but it certainly isn't wanting to let go of the paper.
There is half of a section left to go which I hope to finish by the time Andy comes home tonight or way before if I can.
Once it's done I'll sand the walls and then wash them and that will be that out of the way.
I'll be glad when it's all finished but I think it's going to take longer than I thought.

DD has started her annual leave for two weeks and she has decided to decorate her bedroom as she picked up some paint yesterday....half price from Wilko and just the colour she wanted. You can't beat that.

So it's all go at Tea Towel Mansion today and for quite a while to come.

Hope you are all having a great day.
Sheila-x-

16 comments:

  1. I'm exhausted just thinking about all your hard work Sheila, but it will be worth it in the end. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is hard work Jules but strangely I am rather enjoying it.
      I am so looking forward to the end result.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  2. Good luck with the decorating! I hate doing it but have to do our bedroom soon. Groan. I'm going to wait until it's a little cooler though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sharon.
      Yes definitely wait until it's cooler. We are still getting some very warm days and the heat doesn't mix well with all the bending and stretching.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  3. We are still working on the vestibule/porch/utility so I do know how you feel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet it's starting to look lovely MM. Can't wait to stand back and look at mine when it's done.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  4. Just finished sanding and washing down the big back bedroom. Ceiling painting tomorrow, I shall think of you as I roll the roller!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. .....and I shall think of you rolling your roller Sue.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  5. Ugghhh, I hate projects. Good for you plugging away at it. What is the plan? Paint, new wallpaper? -Jenn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have some gorgeous paper for the top half of the chimney breast wall and the rest will be paint....although I am now thinking of papering another wall too. It will all be in shades of grey and white which should look lovely and fresh.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  6. Ugh, I hate scraping wallpaper off. It's such a slow hard process. Good luck, Sheila, it will be lovely when you finish it all x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Getting the paper off has been horrible it really didn't want to come off. All done now though and I can move on.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  7. Not one of my favourite things, scrapping paper off, but will be worth it when it’s done. You and dd are very industrial, thank goodness for cooler weather xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine neither Cheryl....I'd much rather get straight to the good stuff....lol.
      We still seem to be quite warm here.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  8. Sounds like you're all in for a sloshing good time Sheila! Just in time to relax come the Autumn evenings. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay....we like a bit of sloshing here Jackie...lol.
      Can't wait for the Autumn evenings.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-