Pages

Followers

Friday 10 August 2018

Blissful Rain!!!

It's been a fairly cool morning and we've actually had more than a quick shower of rain.
Now the temperature is rising again 😟

Today I am scraping wallpaper from the chimney breast wall. Usually I would use my steamer for this job but as I want to preserve the ceiling paper it's a spray bottle of warm water and washing up liquid and some extra elbow grease.
Once that's off I can gloss paint the dado rail and skirting board. I hate gloss painting with a passion so I'll be glad when that is done.

Not much else going off here today, tomorrow or Sunday.
Have you got anything exciting planned for the weekend?
Enjoy it whatever you are doing.
Sheila-x-

5 comments:

  1. It's been a showery kind of morning here, so I've stayed indoors baking biscuits and flapjack. We've been out walking through the fields this afternoon though and it's sunny and warm now.
    Good luck with your paper scraping. It'll be worth the effort once you're finished. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's started to rain now I've left lol. I couldn't believe how dry everything was. The poor grass looked terrible!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was lovely and sunny this morning but is chucking it down now.... is this the end of summer? I am thinking of adding a corrugated plastic roof to my pergola tomorrow.. It will make a lovely covered in space for me to pot up plants and seedlings. It will also give a bit of shelter to my citrus fruit trees.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hopefully if the weather holds we are going to a classic car show tomorrow and eating out. Good luck with the decorating.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Making my daughter a back to school lunchbag.(She’s 43) It’s from some oilcloth which features avocados-nuff said.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-